Home

Online Screen Passes

This is a discussion on Online Screen Passes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Online Screen Passes

Been victimized on screen plays by online opponents? Me too. A suggestion for this issue...how about some ineligible downfield penalties? I saw this last night in the Bears-Eagles game and thought it would cut down on a lot of cheesing with screen passes. Most OL are taught wait for 2-3 seconds and go. Most screen play cheeseers like to drop back 30 yards. Just a thought...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Online Screen Passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
Been victimized on screen plays by online opponents? Me too. A suggestion for this issue...how about some ineligible downfield penalties? I saw this last night in the Bears-Eagles game and thought it would cut down on a lot of cheesing with screen passes. Most OL are taught wait for 2-3 seconds and go. Most screen play cheeseers like to drop back 30 yards. Just a thought...
I like the idea. This penalty, along with illegal contact need to be added.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
simple solution. i like it.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4

Wait. You want to game to work correctly? You want Madden to follow NFL rules? I don't know. You're asking for a lot. Would you be willing to accept Nike, Under Armor, and other registered trade marks and logos on uniforms instead?

WR screens shouldn't have that initial move cut back trash. Watch Tom Berady and the Patriots run screens. Tom Throws the screen right away. If you try that in Madden the WR often isn't even ready for the ball and does jerky little initial moves that screw it up. I also agree with the OP. When linemen are down field and making illegal contact and so forth there needs to be penalties. "Everything you see on Sundays" I guess didn't apply to the rules. At least LT got his facemask.

Good luck with that though.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden Head
Wait. You want to game to work correctly? You want Madden to follow NFL rules? I don't know. You're asking for a lot. Would you be willing to accept Nike, Under Armor, and other registered trade marks and logos on uniforms instead?

WR screens shouldn't have that initial move cut back trash. Watch Tom Berady and the Patriots run screens. Tom Throws the screen right away. If you try that in Madden the WR often isn't even ready for the ball and does jerky little initial moves that screw it up. I also agree with the OP. When linemen are down field and making illegal contact and so forth there needs to be penalties. "Everything you see on Sundays" I guess didn't apply to the rules. At least LT got his facemask.

Good luck with that though.
Just to add to your point about receivers not being ready, I use the Pats quite often online (due to evereyone picking the Eagles/Vikings/Cowboys). On some of those slot swings and slot screens the damn ball just hits Welker in the facemask...wtf. Can't lead properly at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »