Home

Old 11-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
clear cap?

hi. i remember being able to clear the cap earlier in madden 10. but now i either forgot or can't do it anymore :S

i'm going in my 5th season and got monster cap penitlies. now i'm right before the opening preseason game. i cut my kicker and punter, then go to play and i only get the options to trade and release players. any help? my team roster is dirt cheap so i can't resturcture or even release players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: clear cap?

Go to Franchise options and change everything to CPU controlled.
Then try to sim a game .The CPU should ask if you would like to clear your cap.But make sure you dont have any money at all.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
Rookie

i tried. i'm -38million cap money and when i click on play first preseason game. it only ask me to trade or release players. i have fill rosters on to CPU and everything else, but it still ask me this first. was this fixed in a patch so we couldn't do this?
Old 11-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3

yeah because you are 38 million dollars over the cap. you used to be able to clear cap penalties, not just make your overages disappear. you need to trade all of your high priced players for low priced rookies, take penalties and try to rebuild from nothing.... how on earth did you get 38 million over the cap, good lord
Old 11-23-2009, 06:39 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

it can be quite easy to get 38 mil over the cap lol. One option is to do the cheat and just change their position to kicker and resign them. I'm in my 4th season i think with the chargers. Rivers still has 4 years on his contract if i were to release him i would have 24 mil in cap penalties haha. SO imagine if i released him in my first season. I did a pretty good job in my off season. I couldn't resign anyone. So for 3 of the players i did the lil change position thing. Then i was able to restructure a couple and i'm set from now on since i didn't release anyone i'll only have 1.1m in penalties next season.

Since LT is 34 i signed him up for a 7 year contract cause he going to retire before it reaches the high amounts. Hopefully it still doesn't affect me. He's 1200 yards off the career record so i need him to reach that before he retires.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

It can be done, for a while i had 120 million in cap penalties and i still never had a losing season. This was with a franchise with a couple buddys of mine where we would only plays the games against each other and sim the rest. I think it took me about 3 years to clear all the penalties. What i did was trade away players that made a descent amount but weren't completly needed. I traded for draft picks and young players who were good but under paid. Eventually i cleared the penaties and now i'm awash with money and can basically have who ever i want but i've stayed to the plan. Draft good players, resign young talent and cherry pick to the top free agent talent to supplement.

It takes a couple seasons but it can be done. Your going to have to go deeper into the whole before you can come out.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #7
Rookie

slimdagreat's Arena

I did a franchise with the Lions and I somehow wound up with $68 Million in penalties alone. I had to set everything to CPU, then when you try to sim a game, it asks you if you want to sign a player, or if you want the CPU to do it.

You hit CPU and it says you have excessive penalties.

I don't know if they patched it, but when this happened to me that's how I got out of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »