Home

CPU AI snaps the ball too fast.

This is a discussion on CPU AI snaps the ball too fast. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

OVR: 3
CPU AI snaps the ball too fast.

I think the CPU AI snaps the ball too fast on every play. FG's, Punts and plays from scrimmage. Only allows you to make 1 Defensive adjustment. I just starting playing the game this year, has anyone else been talking about this on the forums? Are they going to fix this on the next Patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2009, 12:29 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: CPU AI snaps the ball too fast.

It is kind of annoying sometimes. I hardly have enough time to adjust my defense, switch to the right player, etc.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 11-27-2009, 12:39 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

One of the devs said they did this on purpose after community day complaints about the CPU taking too much time to snap the ball...

I happen to agree with you that this needs changed immediately, and if the same complaints arise next year at community day then add in a slider or toggle for it where you can turn off the CPU "quick snap"!!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

In my opinion, it wouldn't matter if it were easier to do what you wanted to do on D. I never had this issue in 2K since you could do secondary things while not even being on a DB in the first place, and everything was done from one single button hold...

Holding one button allowed you to instantly creat any man to man match you wanted simply by pushing the DB button and then the WR's button. The same button hold and the right stick allowed you to you completly adjust your coverage as a whole, shading in or out, pressing or playing off... The only things you needed to be on the guys for was for indevidual zone or blitz hotroutes... Way easier then the present set up... As it is right now, it's WAY to hard to make double teams and man to man matchups on the fly... And WHY do we still have to make our guys take the best position against their assignments sometimes... Shouldn't this be done by itself, it's not like a real life player has to be told to cover his man by someone before he covers him...
Old 11-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

CPU snaps the ball at a good time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

yea i agree. i can understand on extra points or punts but they should at least change the snap count. it is way too easy in this game to jump the snap because you already know the CPU is gonna snap it right away. seems like the sacrificed a lot of the realism this year to please the casual fans. it gets worse and worse every year.

i mean, on field goals i barely have enough time to call a time out lol
Old 11-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

i thought it was discovered that if you turn off excellerated clock the AI will stay behind center longer??

it was worse last year.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
And WHY do we still have to make our guys take the best position against their assignments sometimes... Shouldn't this be done by itself, it's not like a real life player has to be told to cover his man by someone before he covers him...
My thoughts exactly. Should be part of the act of playing coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »