Home

Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #65
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 10 2nd Title Update Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If you are using hardcore playcalling, you won't receive many replays at all. Try putting the playcalling on advance.
I know. Been using advanced the whole time. On 360 if it matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #66
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
Looking forward to this.

So far the only thing that has really annoyed me is how quickly the CPU snaps the ball. I think I read that was going to be adjusted in the first blog about patch #2.

I haven't gotten too deep into the game, but so far I really like it compared to last year.
very good question. i thought EA may have mentioned this somewhere maybe?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #67
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8

Why are people worried about franchise stats so much?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportskid84
Why are people worried about franchise stats so much?
Everybody wants different things from this game, offline solo franchise players like to have realistic simulated stats to add an additional level of realism to the game.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #69
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
Check out the latest Madden NFL 10 blog, featuring details on the 2nd title update.
Thanks for the update Dewiel, it's good to see franchise mode getting some attention in this patch. You may not have been made aware of this, but I figured I'd ask you anyway.

Often times when a patch is made for a game there will be a few 'hotfixes' sprinkled in that don't necessarily get included in the patch notes.

Are there any other facets of the game that may have been tweaked and/or updated that did not get mentioned in the blog? I don't own Madden'10, but as a potential customer I was kind of hoping something would be done to correct some of the CPU A.I. issues that I've read so much about (play-calling, decision-making, etc.).

Any additional information would be appreciated, thanks.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 11-30-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:31 PM   #70
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
Mad props for the draft info.

This sentence has me worried - "We have also increased the frequency of Auto Instant replays (especially after touchdowns), based on your feedback that told us they weren't appearing enough."

In my experience, I have never seen a replay triggered after a TD, so I'm guessing increasing the frequency won't do anything when they were never working to begin with. Guess we'll see.
i was thinking the same. after reading this i thought maybe i was the only one without auto instant replay..lol
Old 12-01-2009, 12:44 AM   #71
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Like what I'm reading regarding the second patch. It'll likely be up and running by the time I get my 360 back, so I'm looking forward to starting my Giants franchise in a couple of weeks.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 01:49 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Research, please. Or are you just going on the words of "everyone else".

If you are going to complain, at least back your complaints up. I want to see where they put in words something GUARANTEED (Not "We'll try") and didn't deliver.
From the blog for Madden 09 which I read and believed prior to buying last year's game.
http://www.easportsblog.com/

"Why did you change the controller config on 360/PS3?
Though we realize it is very hard to change a configuration once you get used to it, we think that the switch of sprint from the primary X button on PS2 (or A on Xbox) to the trigger was the right move to make, because: 1.) Every other sports game has R2 / RT as sprint, and 2.) It was really awkward to do moves like hurdle and spin (and anything on the R-stick) when you had your thumb planted on the X button. By freeing up all the face buttons and Right- Stick, the moves are much easier to pull off.
With all that being said, we have always had a custom controls option where you can change it to anything you like."

"...we have always had a custom controls option where you can change it to anything you like."

Hey, I guess you're right... They didn't GUARANTEE a custom controls option in Madden 09 or 10. They were just talking about the past!

Based on this, do I automatically believe what I read in EA blogs about Madden 10?
No. Once bitten twice shy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »