Home

Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

This is a discussion on Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

Love the game out of the box.

But now in my current Franchise I saw more than 20 RB's getting 5 or more yards a carry.Im talking some was running for 7 yards a carry.

We begged and pleaded for RB stats to be fixed and it got fixed alright.

I would have much rather have the stats before this patch.
But if I delete the patch NO ONLINE.NO GREEN SEAHAWKS.

Do we really need to beg as muc as we do?

Do we really have to be nitpicky so much?

Do we need all these pet peeves?

Its our fault these stats are screwed.That guy in charge of stats said something about it being hard to get perfect between passing and rushing and we just kept on and on.

Now this is the final version of this game until Madden 2011.
All the Madden 10 Christmas gifts are going to have 2000 yard rushers every season in Franchise because of us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Should we REALLY be giving EA advice(wishes)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Its our fault these stats are screwed.That guy in charge of stats said something about it being hard to get perfect between passing and rushing and we just kept on and on.
No it's not.

If it wasn't possible, a simple, "sorry the stats engine can't make what you want happen right now" and the HB stats get left alone would have taken care of it.

We can want what we want. Doesn't mean we have to get it. We don't make the final design choices or the final tweaks or the final call on what's in the patch.

And we certainly don't tell them how to implement it.

The development team makes those choices and the choice of whether or not we get what we want, how to get us what we want, or if what we want is truly possible without breaking something else.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Absolutely disagree wholeheartedly. It comes down to EA doing it right. Did they not sim a few seasons to see what would happen? It's really quite inexcusable. We shouldn't have to tell them what is wrong with the game in the first place. There is a big difference between straight up complaining and asking for corrections/modifications to be made so things work the way they should have when we all put down $60 for this game.

Me... I'm a franchiser. I don't play any other modes. But I'm of the mindset "to each his own". Just because you don't play a certain way, doesn't mean it's not important to the game for others. I never play online, but I don't want the features that are supposed to be available to that demographic to be insufficient or not working correctly. For my style of play, stats are a big part of the overall experience being realistic enough for me to "get into it". When you get stats that are out of the realm of possibility (for the most part), that degrades the experience partly or fully, depending on the issue.

I'm an XBoxer, so I'll have to wait and see if I can control all teams and modify the stats to be satisfactory. Sounds like some of the gameplay issues have been improved, so I'm crossing some fingers that I will FINALLY be able to start my franchise (only purchased the game four months ago... that's ridiculous). As for the original poster's point... nope. We should absolutely, unequivocally make our voices heard until we get a game worthy of the money we spent. The REAL problem is NOT the customer.......
Old 12-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

what are you bored or something?
what a ridiculous thread.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 36

I am dissapointed with the results. If they cannot get good results with there current sim engine, then tell us! Let us know that they can't get good rushing stats without them being crazy. Tell us, and then we can say OK, we're dissapointed but we get it. I wish I could uninstall the simulated stats part of the patch, and keep the gameplay part of it. THIS IS WHY THEY NEED TO STILL COMMUNICATE WITH THE COMMUNITY! We could tell them that we would rather have pre-patch stats, and hope for it to be fixed in Madden 11.

All in all you can't blame us for this. We weren't nitpicking we were just asking for something. I still love this game, but this kinda makes me mad. I'd be delighted with a 3rd patch, but am not expecting it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

I kind of agree...now I'm gonna make this game work for me either way. BUT everyone wanted the run game fixed...they fixed it. You want towels, and stickers, you got em. Alternate jerseys sweet.

For those who complained before you got it fixed. Happy run game!

Me I don't care, I'll roll and make the best of whatever they give us. IF I buy it. If I rent it and don't like it, I don't buy it. For me its the entertainment value. And I like M10. Heck I still own and play Tecmo Superbowl. There probably isnt another football game I've played as much as that.

Now as far as not having interaction with the devs. Nah, some people got good ideas of stuff to add into the games. *COUGH* Fix IR *COUGH* So having a little interaction is cool. But should they be taking advice from some of the hot heads on this board and other boards? Heck no! I had no problem with the run game pre patch #2 for example...I just waited for the patch to start my franchise, now that it has, I'm gettin mixed up in it...

You can please some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people some of the time.

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 12-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
BUT everyone wanted the run game fixed...they fixed it.
Fix: 1) The act of correcting or repairing
2) To improve the appearance or condition of

changing for the worse does not = fix

they changed it... they did not fix it. I'm pretty sure nobody asked for it to be even worse in the opposite direction
Old 12-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
I kind of agree...now I'm gonna make this game work for me either way. BUT everyone wanted the run game fixed...they fixed it. You want towels, and stickers, you got em. Alternate jerseys sweet.

For those who complained before you got it fixed. Happy run game!

Me I don't care, I'll roll and make the best of whatever they give us. IF I buy it. If I rent it and don't like it, I don't buy it. For me its the entertainment value. And I like M10. Heck I still own and play Tecmo Superbowl. There probably isnt another football game I've played as much as that.

Now as far as not having interaction with the devs. Nah, some people got good ideas of stuff to add into the games. *COUGH* Fix IR *COUGH* So having a little interaction is cool. But should they be taking advice from some of the hot heads on this board and other boards? Heck no! I had no problem with the run game pre patch #2 for example...I just waited for the patch to start my franchise, now that it has, I'm gettin mixed up in it...

You can please some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people some of the time.
Sweet.

Im with you.Im going to try ad make the best of it if I can.I love Madden 10.I love the patch.I just wished stats would have stayed the same as before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »