Home

Any way to tune stats down in Franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Any way to tune stats down in Franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2009, 02:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any way to tune stats down in Franchise mode?

I know, I know.... "there's already 1000 threads about this" blah blah blah..
Is there a link to any thread that has figured this out yet?. I've messed with coaching schemes, controlled all 32 teams.
In one game I simmed, The Ravens had over 380yds rushing vs the chiefs. The next week LT broke the rushing record with 321yds in one game on only 15 ATT.
Has anybody been able to find a method to tune this down? or is this game hooped and gonna have to wait till August?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2009, 02:46 AM   #2
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Any way to tune stats down in Franchise mode?

The reason I've noticed for the insane running back numbers is how many 20+ yard carries guys are getting every year. Michael Turner had 350 carries for 2200 yards and 37 carries of 20+.

Obviously that includes all the carries that go for 60 and 70 as well. If you take that 37 and bring it down to 10 or so, which is realistic for an NFL running back, you knock off 400-600 yards. That would make his stats read 350 for 1700 yards, which is an average of 4.85 a carry. Which is still pretty high for him, but much closer to reality.

EA just needs to find a way to cut big running plays down by about 75%. Otherwise the patch is great. I can't play my franchise with the stats so royally screwed.

Can this be so hard to patch EA? BTW, Jonathan Stewart had 110 carries on the year and 23 of them went for 20+ yards. Needless to say he had over 1000 yards.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:58 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I hear ya. The YPC is insane. There are over 5 or 6 RB's that have over 2000yds. I cant play my franchise either until somebody fine tunes a way for this.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:01 AM   #4
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

Everything else is fine, EA just needs to fix sack numbers and rushing stats. The top guy in the league should average right around 5. I know CJ is doing 6.5 this year, but he's another level of explosive.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

Following these sliders have lowered those numbers some. Not completely fixed as there isn't a slider that would completely fix this but it does help.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...patch-2-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46&2
I know, I know.... "there's already 1000 threads about this" blah blah blah..
Is there a link to any thread that has figured this out yet?. I've messed with coaching schemes, controlled all 32 teams.
In one game I simmed, The Ravens had over 380yds rushing vs the chiefs. The next week LT broke the rushing record with 321yds in one game on only 15 ATT.
Has anybody been able to find a method to tune this down? or is this game hooped and gonna have to wait till August?

Thanks
Under My Madden, there is a setting which controlls the differences between fast and slow players. If you adjust it, lower, it'll make things a bit more realistic... At least in my opinion. I have no idea in what simming does... I play the game. But this might just work... Or moving it up also might work as well...
Old 12-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
Following these sliders have lowered those numbers some. Not completely fixed as there isn't a slider that would completely fix this but it does help.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...patch-2-a.html
To people who haven't tried yet, don't expect a legitimate fix with these sliders. Stats are still far off and will remain so.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Oh don't get me started on this. Too late, I just can't believe EA droped the ball so badly with this patch. There is no way I can play the franchise mode of this game now. I can't believe there is not more of an uproar about it. All day long people talk about sim, this and sim that. Well folks, there is nothing sim about maddens franchise mode now. 2,500 yard rushers and 27 sacks? GTFO EA, I can't believe you put that garbage out in a patch. Frankly, it's really embarassing to be honest.

Could you imagine a baseball game that had 4-5 guys hittng over 70 home runs a year with one guy hitting 90 a year. That's how outlandish the Madden stats are. You know what would happen to that baseball game on this site? It would be a lauging stock, be crucified on the site and nobody would play it. That's a fact. For some reason, lots of people give Madden a pass on this Huge issue. And, get this, even get upset at you for even talking about it. It's a disgrace that the only company with the NFL licence to put out this garbage.

I will either be deleting this nonsense or going back to the ps2 for the 4th year in a row. It's too bad, I really like the gameplay this year. EA, get a clue.

Last edited by Romeclone; 12-12-2009 at 10:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »