Home

What stat bug was fixed in patch 2?

This is a discussion on What stat bug was fixed in patch 2? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2009, 08:09 AM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: What stat bug was fixed in patch 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
Well you got quite a surprise at the end of the season when you see he has 2700 yards.

Its well known fact that they altered the running back stats so much that peterson obliterates the league for 2700 yards each year.
False. There have been people who have simmed stats where Peterson doesn't rush for 2700 yards. So it may have happened to you, and maybe others, but its not sit in stone that he's going to rush for 2700 each season.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-14-2009, 08:10 AM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falzon
CB, i wouldn't go as far as saying the patch made the game golden. Definitely an improvement maybe gold plated?
in my opinion the game is golden. Maybe you don't agree and thats cool, we all view the patch differently, but for me its made Madden '10 a damn good game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #11
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I control all 32 teams and have the coaching sliders set to play to teams strenghts and can get most of the stats in line except YPC which isn't as big of a deal to me as it doesn't show up in the NFL records in game.

I had Peterson rush for 1790 and 12 TDs, Turner led the league at 16 but only had 1300 yards. You do have more players on the team get sacks, but with the sliders I only had one player near 20 and it seemed plausible.

The stats you can't change are FB attempts and the lack of rotation with TE's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9
Angry Re: What stat bug was fixed in patch 2?

I had seven guys average better then 7 ypc. Turner was the highest at 7.8 ypc. I can't play this game anymore. The patch made the gameplay much better but I can't play a franchise with 2-3 guys breaking Dickerson mark every year and seeing the top 15 ball carriers averaging 6+ YPC.

This has to be fixed, I can not believe they thought this would be OK. I am a huge fan of Josh Looman with HC '09 but how in the heck did this happen? These are High School numbers.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
I had seven guys average better then 7 ypc. Turner was the highest at 7.8 ypc. I can't play this game anymore. The patch made the gameplay much better but I can't play a franchise with 2-3 guys breaking Dickerson mark every year and seeing the top 15 ball carriers averaging 6+ YPC.

This has to be fixed, I can not believe they thought this would be OK. I am a huge fan of Josh Looman with HC '09 but how in the heck did this happen? These are High School numbers.
The problem is not Josh. The problem is an utterly broken stat generation engine that seems to have been built backwards instead of building up from the bottom i.e. what is average yards per play, average sack % on a pass play etc. All of which is freely available at sites like nfl.com/pro-football-reference.com etc but seemingly these websites are blocked for the developers to view by EA's company firewall. I can't explain how else they could get it so badly wrong!

One can only hope that they rebuild it from scratch for Madden 11. One doubts it however.

But is saddens me to hear you say (and you're not the only one) that you can't play the game as a result. At the end of the day the numbers generated by a stat engine are just that - numbers.
Like you I'm a stat junkie. So it annoys me greatly to see rubbish stats because it lessens the immersion feel.

But it is possible to carry on and play a franchise despite this. Here's how:

Just mentally (or use a calculator, pen and paper) adjust each top RB's average yards per carry by about 20% downwards. Then recalucate their yards based on the number of attempts. Hey presto now you have realistic stats. It's a mental adjustment by which you know that in the "reality" of your alternative Madden universe Turner, AP and Jacobs etc have not just all rushed for over 2,000 yards each, but have been duelling the rushing title out with realistic numbers. And assuming that you have been running realistic in-game sliders this allows you to compare fairly how your own RB has been getting on vis a vis the others.

Don't give up on the game just because of a stat on the screen!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
The problem is not Josh. The problem is an utterly broken stat generation engine that seems to have been built backwards instead of building up from the bottom i.e. what is average yards per play, average sack % on a pass play etc. All of which is freely available at sites like nfl.com/pro-football-reference.com etc but seemingly these websites are blocked for the developers to view by EA's company firewall. I can't explain how else they could get it so badly wrong!

One can only hope that they rebuild it from scratch for Madden 11. One doubts it however.

But is saddens me to hear you say (and you're not the only one) that you can't play the game as a result. At the end of the day the numbers generated by a stat engine are just that - numbers.
Like you I'm a stat junkie. So it annoys me greatly to see rubbish stats because it lessens the immersion feel.

But it is possible to carry on and play a franchise despite this. Here's how:

Just mentally (or use a calculator, pen and paper) adjust each top RB's average yards per carry by about 20% downwards. Then recalucate their yards based on the number of attempts. Hey presto now you have realistic stats. It's a mental adjustment by which you know that in the "reality" of your alternative Madden universe Turner, AP and Jacobs etc have not just all rushed for over 2,000 yards each, but have been duelling the rushing title out with realistic numbers. And assuming that you have been running realistic in-game sliders this allows you to compare fairly how your own RB has been getting on vis a vis the others.

Don't give up on the game just because of a stat on the screen!
It just takes away all sense of realism.

Look at the new NFL record books, you will see 10 guys with over 350 yards, I just hate it. I want to go back to patch #1, I'd rather have RB's getting 12 td's leading the league versus guys with 8 ypc and 25 1,000 yard rushers every year. In Madden it says in game "on average 6 guys break 1,000 yards every year" Well in Madden practically every starting RB.

We need a fix, I will go in an manually drop everyone's BC vision and Awa if it will work but at this point I don't know if it's worth the time.

This is really bad, imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »