Home

No Salary Cap next year

This is a discussion on No Salary Cap next year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: No Salary Cap next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
Speaking of playing stacked teams we should all be used to it since a lot of people online play exclusively with the patriots colts and steelers. I like the challenge tho.
Fortunately the Pats and Steelers aren't even amongst the top 3 teams.

Saints, Chargers, and those scary Eagles are what I'd be scared of if I were you

Especially those Eagles... I end up playing those guys more than any other team.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-14-2009, 10:55 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 13

Actually, if you read much on the salary cap situation as it stands right now, the super rich owners do not want to lose the cap!

Yeah right you say? Well no cap in the NFL means no basement floor on salaries either and yet the big market teams are still on the hook for pulling along the smaller market teams within the revenue sharing, so everybody loses.

Not to mention that all the parties involved agreed to "poison pills" that, while I don't really understand the levels, says playoff teams will be "limited" in the numbers of free agents they can sign.

The deal is that no cap means a work stoppage will follow and that would kill the "golden goose" and I doubt the big and rich owners (especially Jerry Jones - who just poured a crap load of his own money into JerryLand) want any kind of work stoppage because the lost revenue might just bankrupt them all!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #19
Rookie

jimmyy201's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kamper
while teams could "load up" because of no cap, it will take 6 years to earn your unrestricted free agency. Either the players will have to take shorter FA deals or teams will get stuck in financial hell when the teams gets one year too old. One of the main reasons the owners are opting out of the cba is to try and fix the draft contracts. Does Stafford really deserve 40 mil with out playing a snap.
there is no unrestricted and restricted free agents in the current gen of madden sadly tho
Old 12-14-2009, 11:09 PM   #20
Rookie

jimmyy201's Arena

everyone is getting a little off topic this was meant to see what EA sports should do with madden next year about this
Old 12-14-2009, 11:22 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 13

They should leave it in, but they should add a setting where you (the user offline or commish online) can determine how much it goes up from year to year, in addition to being able to turn it off!!!

Like maybe 5 mil, 10 mil, 15 mil

i don't know what it really does from year to year in the NFL, and I think the numbers actually change based on Total Reveune, so just give us some options to tweak our franchise the way we want!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyy201
everyone is getting a little off topic this was meant to see what EA sports should do with madden next year about this
Alright... To answer that question it's already in this years game... Sal Cap on/off... End of discussion. It was a redundent question which would have been answered had the originator simply thought it through and looked at what was already in the game this year...

Lets close the thread unless someone has some interesting stuff to add to the "No Sallary Cap" next year as it relates to the sport, and not the game... I've found the conversation in this thread better then 90% of the "pure" Madden threads anyhow...

As for the "poison pill", I had heard of that as well, but I was unsure of how they'd do that since if the present contracts on your team go into the Super Bowl, and the following year their contracts expire, if you're limited on how many FAs you can sign, then you'd have NO way to fill your roster...
Old 12-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

My guess is that they'll ramp up the 'targets' feature of this year. Y'know, where a player with 1 year in the NFL and in FA won't sign with the Cowboys because they want a team that wins, or won't sign with the Patriots because they want a team that needs them.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #24
Rookie

they'll probably just keep it the way it is now, with the option of having it or not, but have no salary cap be the default

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »