Home

What stat bug was fixed in patch 2?

This is a discussion on What stat bug was fixed in patch 2? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
What stat bug was fixed in patch 2?

I have read that many people complained about backup running back stats, and that by increasing them they boosted starter stats as well. Is this true?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: What stat bug was fixed in patch 2?

yes..****nning back stats are a bit inflated.

But prior to patch 2, running backs weren't scoring TD's, in fact you could have a team end up with 0 rushing TD's after a full season of games. Rushing TD's as a whole were extremely low. Also, OLB in 3-4 defenses weren't getting sacks, CB's ended up with low tackle totals, and QBs yards and TD totals were high.

For me, the stats post patch are much more tolerable than pre-patch.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
yes..****nning back stats are a bit inflated.

But prior to patch 2, running backs weren't scoring TD's, in fact you could have a team end up with 0 rushing TD's after a full season of games. Rushing TD's as a whole were extremely low. Also, OLB in 3-4 defenses weren't getting sacks, CB's ended up with low tackle totals, and QBs yards and TD totals were high.

For me, the stats post patch are much more tolerable than pre-patch.
I find peterson running for 2700 yards so ridiculous that no matter what else is fixed i cant play the game.

Are they going to make a patch 3?

Also why is this long awaited patch such crap.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
I find peterson running for 2700 yards so ridiculous that no matter what else is fixed i cant play the game.

Are they going to make a patch 3?

Also why is this long awaited patch such crap.
After 4 games of my season..Peterson has 496yds rushing. So he's on pace for just about 2,000yds. Frank Gore is on pace for the same amount of yards this season with 475yds rushing. The funny thing is that Gore rushed for 320 something in one game, so he's only rushed for about 150 yards in his other 3 games.

I highly doubt there is a 3rd patch considering how late patch 2 came out and in my humble opinion, this patch has made the game golden.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-13-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
After 4 games of my season..Peterson has 496yds rushing. So he's on pace for just about 2,000yds. Frank Gore is on pace for the same amount of yards this season with 475yds rushing. The funny thing is that Gore rushed for 320 something in one game, so he's only rushed for about 150 yards in his other 3 games.

I highly doubt there is a 3rd patch considering how late patch 2 came out and in my humble opinion, this patch has made the game golden.
Well you got quite a surprise at the end of the season when you see he has 2700 yards.

Its well known fact that they altered the running back stats so much that peterson obliterates the league for 2700 yards each year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 02:20 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

No joke I had Turner rush for 3100~ yards in a season I sim'd right after the patch came out. Now I wish I took a picture.

Found some good sliders and I haven't seen another back go over 1800-1900 in a couple of sims (although Peterson & Turner were somewhere around 8-9 yards per carry).
Old 12-14-2009, 02:26 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Tackles and Assisted tackles do not add up still in players stats. Also looking at each game stats on specific players, the stats are all screwed up. For instance, you play 3 games and count up a total of 10 tackles, it will say 2 tackles.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:45 AM   #8
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

CB, i wouldn't go as far as saying the patch made the game golden. Definitely an improvement maybe gold plated?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »