Home

Franchise fans unite! Fix the stats now

This is a discussion on Franchise fans unite! Fix the stats now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #41
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise fans unite! Fix the stats now

The biggest problem is that they are using a DIFFERENT engine to simulate games than is used to actually play the games. The correct way to do it is when simulating games, use the same engine, but DONT RENDER THE GRAPHICS.

A game in 1994 did this to perfection. All you see is the scoreboard when the game is simulating. If they programmed the game well, this should not be hard to do.

If they would have done it right to begin with, they wouldn't have to worry about matching up the 2 engines (which is impossible).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'd definitely like to see them fix it. I tried taking control of all 32 teams, and it is more of a PITA than its worth. I just want to play my games, fool with my teams roster, and do my teams offseason. I can deal with it as is, but it would be great to not have to.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 9

you guys i have fixed the running back stats check out my thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow63
Hey Vai, just wanted to say great sliders. I've tried them all and these seem to play the best of any of them out there.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster
The biggest problem is that they are using a DIFFERENT engine to simulate games than is used to actually play the games. The correct way to do it is when simulating games, use the same engine, but DONT RENDER THE GRAPHICS.

A game in 1994 did this to perfection. All you see is the scoreboard when the game is simulating. If they programmed the game well, this should not be hard to do.

If they would have done it right to begin with, they wouldn't have to worry about matching up the 2 engines (which is impossible).
How do you know about this? Where can we find more information to support this?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 21

I'll try to bring some balance to this thread and talk all the sim-junkies back off the ledge.

It's been stated before that the stat tuning is very delicate, and any slight adjustment here tends to have big effects somewhere else. If you continue to ask for stat tuning patches, maybe you'll get them, but I absolutely guarantee that something else won't be quite perfect.

It's obvious that perfection is being sought and that is completely unrealistic. Maybe the stat engine needs to be fully redone, maybe it will for Madden 11? However, in the meantime, I feel sorry for those of us who paid good money for a pretty good game, yet get all sorts of hung up on minutiae. Relax, enjoy the video game... if you're unbias, you realize it's the best NFL game effort to date. It's clear that this dev team is heading in the right direction and there's been no reason so far to believe that there'll be any step backwards.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
I'll try to bring some balance to this thread and talk all the sim-junkies back off the ledge.

It's been stated before that the stat tuning is very delicate, and any slight adjustment here tends to have big effects somewhere else. If you continue to ask for stat tuning patches, maybe you'll get them, but I absolutely guarantee that something else won't be quite perfect.

It's obvious that perfection is being sought and that is completely unrealistic. Maybe the stat engine needs to be fully redone, maybe it will for Madden 11? However, in the meantime, I feel sorry for those of us who paid good money for a pretty good game, yet get all sorts of hung up on minutiae. Relax, enjoy the video game... if you're unbias, you realize it's the best NFL game effort to date. It's clear that this dev team is heading in the right direction and there's been no reason so far to believe that there'll be any step backwards.
No one is seeking perfection, at least I'm not. People just expect for the fundamental and basic things in the game. Maybe it's just not as basic as we think. Like lineman blocking the most dangerous defender on a running play while heading upfield or picking up the appropriate blitzer on pass plays. Defenders taking the right pursuit angle to stop a big gain, instead of falling in line at the last minute to watch the ball carrier score. Or when going through franchise mode, stats should be close to realistic as possible. Not have 20 or more 1000 yard rushers in a single season. But it's not perfection that we want. With this being the only NFL game available, people expect much more. If there were other options, then there wouldn't be much debate and gamers would choose another NFL game.

Yes, it is a better game from previous Maddens, but isn't that how it's suppose to be anyway?

Last edited by MAzing87; 12-15-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro

I think that you're exaggerating. I don't see anyone here who wants absolute perfection. People just want realistic stats. It has been done in the past, so why can't it be done now? It seems that games should be moving forward with the expanding technology, but it seems in many areas they are moving backwards.

Asking for realistic stats is not too much to ask for, man. A little realism goes a long way for people. You want to downplay the stat thing and call it a minute detail, well, a lot of people disagree with you.

I like the game, but I also like realism, as do other gamers. Getting a realistic stat engine should be a basic expectation in today's sports gaming world. It has been done before so what's the deal now?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkNestMonster
I think that you're exaggerating. I don't see anyone here who wants absolute perfection. People just want realistic stats. It has been done in the past, so why can't it be done now? It seems that games should be moving forward with the expanding technology, but it seems in many areas they are moving backwards.

Asking for realistic stats is not too much to ask for, man. A little realism goes a long way for people. You want to downplay the stat thing and call it a minute detail, well, a lot of people disagree with you.

I like the game, but I also like realism, as do other gamers. Getting a realistic stat engine should be a basic expectation in today's sports gaming world. It has been done before so what's the deal now?
Agreed. High expectations for basic and realistic gameplay doesn't not mean we want perfection.

Perfection is when the artificial intelligence in the game plays, moves, reacts, and literally perform so much like the real life counter parts that it would almost be deadly. There would be a big debate as to who would want to watch the real games vs simulated ones in the game. That will never happen!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »