Home

Any way we can get Donny to...

This is a discussion on Any way we can get Donny to... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Rookie

cmcghs's Arena

OVR: 6
Any way we can get Donny to...

...have all of the draft picks that have been traded over this season and past seasons be for the correct team in a future roster update? This would be great because in reality if the Cowboys traded their 1st rounder for a player they obviously wouldnt have that pick but in Madden they still do.

I think you guys understand what I'm saying.

I know the players are already on their correct teams but the draft picks aren't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Any way we can get Donny to...

So you're saying if the Cowboys should only have 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 available, because they traded 2 and 7 away? Yeah, that really should be part of the starting year roster every year, especially now that picks are far more important in offline franchise. I haven't really paid attention to it though. Are the available picks currently not correct when a franchise is started?
Old 12-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

same w/ the Bears because 1st was in the Cutler trade and 2nd was for Gaines Adams

NFL-Colts
NBA-Bulls
MLB-Cubs
NHL-Blackhawks
NCAA-Tennessee Volunteers
Old 12-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

Not to be a negative Nancy but we arent able to edit potential, have a working IR, more then 10 picks, cant trade future picks, cant trade more then 3 items...I think you get my point. There are several things that really need to be looked at and added in including having the proper picks with the proper teams with the roster updates.

It really stinks because each one of things above dynamically effect the game. We are forced to let EA decide who will be future A potential or F potential flops, arent able to trade down and stock pile picks like real life, arent able to trade 7 picks and a player to get that franchise stud, arent able to fully work out rosters properly if someone gets hurt and needs to be replaced from IR, and finally teams get players for free basically with the roster updates.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 12-19-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Rookie

cmcghs's Arena

OVR: 6

Yes Valdarez thats what I'm saying.

It really does suck we cant have all that though. But if you want to do it manually there are two problems

1) You have to trade one pick at a time which would take forever not to mention be a pain.

2) You would have to trade the correct pick for a scrub since the player is already on the correct team. Example: If you were the Cowboys you would want to trade a 2nd and a 7th to Detroit. Well in real life that trade was for Roy Williams (correct me if I'm wrong) and Roy is already on the Cowboys.

See what I'm saying?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »