Home

1st and 2nd games of the season

This is a discussion on 1st and 2nd games of the season within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
1st and 2nd games of the season

I've noticed over the years with madden and was just wondering if its just me.
When playing franchise the first 2 games of the year always seem to be pretty easy. My team plays great and often times I start out 2-0. After adding new players through the draft and FA I always think "wow my team is going to be great this year." But then as soon as game 3 comes I notice a drop off and I'm not as dominant or my team doesn't play as well. I'm not saying after 2 games my teams are bad, they play more normal..... its just the first 2 games its like my team gets some kind of boost.
I've definitely seen this for years now...... I'm just wondering if anyone noticed this as well?

If not, pay more attention to this and see if you notice it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: 1st and 2nd games of the season

That's kind of how it is in real life...

Most coaches look at the season in quarters...1st 4, next 4, third 4, and final 4.

In the 1st Q-you dont necessarily run out of the gate at full sprint, and as long as you win 1 out of 4, you're still clear.

2nd Q- The goal is 2 out of 4 are wins.

3rd Q- 3 of 4 are wins, and that's a successful quarter.

Final Q- You want to go 4-0, and make the jump to the postseason as smooth as possible.

How this relates to anything you said:

The AI may be taking it easy, getting the rookies feet wet and the veterans back in game shape, but by Week 3, they're attempting to gain some steam moving forward. Therefore, it's quite possible since you're playing at full steam and they don't appear to be, that you'd go 2-0 every year. I hope I somewhat helped you.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
T

The AI may be taking it easy, getting the rookies feet wet and the veterans back in game shape, but by Week 3, they're attempting to gain some steam moving forward. Therefore, it's quite possible since you're playing at full steam and they don't appear to be, that you'd go 2-0 every year. I hope I somewhat helped you.
they can do all this and get much simpler issues right? amazing.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 36

^ not sure what you are getting at, but if you're attempting to mock me or EA, I didn't say that's what the game was programmed to do, but if you look at it in such way it may appear more realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »