Home

Getting beat by the same play unappreciation

This is a discussion on Getting beat by the same play unappreciation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Getting beat by the same play unappreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
the only time i would lose to a cheeser like this would be when they lag out or something lol

the easiest thing to do would be to adapt to what they are doing...and its easier than u make it sound. most cheesers hit the slot receiver most of the game, and they'll move their best receiver there.

the key is to move to a different skill position and mostly use the nickel. i like to use the safeties and mainly use cover 3 and take away the underneath routes. the LBs dont react well to slants or crossing routes, so it'll it be up to you follow that guy until he breaks off his route. hopefully, your d-line is gettin penetration

or u could control a lineman (4-3) or the blitzing LB (3-4) and pretty much do the same thing. but u should see what madden exploit they are tryin to approach. RBs in the flats or slot receiver.

if u lock those type players down for 2 or 3 series and u score at least once and force a turnover...they usually quit
This is true. They type of gamer who runs the same 3 plays and goes for it every 4th down is someone who accelerates the outcome of the game. The game can be decided within the first 15 minutes if you play your cards right. The downside is that you have to drag it out vs the CPU then .

I try to manually take away what ever they like, but I'm usually controlling LB's and they are sometimes not athletic enough to adjust to nice max passes over the middle. I may need to switch to a DB... good idea.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
the only time i would lose to a cheeser like this would be when they lag out or something lol

the easiest thing to do would be to adapt to what they are doing...and its easier than u make it sound. most cheesers hit the slot receiver most of the game, and they'll move their best receiver there.

the key is to move to a different skill position and mostly use the nickel. i like to use the safeties and mainly use cover 3 and take away the underneath routes. the LBs dont react well to slants or crossing routes, so it'll it be up to you follow that guy until he breaks off his route. hopefully, your d-line is gettin penetration

or u could control a lineman (4-3) or the blitzing LB (3-4) and pretty much do the same thing. but u should see what madden exploit they are tryin to approach. RBs in the flats or slot receiver.

if u lock those type players down for 2 or 3 series and u score at least once and force a turnover...they usually quit
But then you're not playing football. Except calling the same two or three defenses to counter their two or three offensive palys. Its just like rock scissors paper now.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

People I don't like their gaming style or aren't sportsmanlike, I go into the XBOX friends list and check off that I don't want to play players like this or I do. Definitely helps play less of the cheese heads out there!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Damn, we dont have that option on ps3. From my experienc, anyone with something like xXx in their name is a cheeser, I never play those guys anymore. Also, if on the first kickoff of the game, the guy audibles to an onside kick, get ready for some cheese. But like the other guy said, these guys are easily fustrated if you shut them down for the first quarter or so. I played a guy last night who threw a pick when I was up 10-0 in th first quarter. After the pick he quit. He had plenty of time, but whatever. The thing is, most times I can only stop cheese with more cheese and it just makes the game too unrealistic. For example, one game I had to audible everyone of my defensive lineman to man coverage with a receiver to stop this ridiculous pass play this guy did EVERY play. That is nowhere near sim football, but it was the only alternative I could think of to stop the SAME play that the A.I. wouldnt adapt to. You can only manually controll one person and make necessary adjustments. But the rest of the ai has no clue. If someone does playaction rollout EVERY play, my defens should be immune to biting on the run fake after at least 7 or 8 plays in a row. I mean, cmon man, theh have to improve this for 11
Old 12-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
But then you're not playing football. Except calling the same two or three defenses to counter their two or three offensive palys. Its just like rock scissors paper now.
technically i am playing sim ball against someone who isn't playin sim ball. on offense your job is to score points, on defense your job is to stop the offense from scoring points. ill admit, i get tired of playing that way after a while...but i dont have to make any adjustments until they make adjustments.

i have the upperhand in this situation, if it was like rock scissors paper, i know what he's gonna put down so i kno what i need to put down. ill admit, its a boring way to play...but if someone tries to cheese me the best way to get them back is to frustrate them and beat them. besides, i run a very time consuming offense...so in the end, i am victorious. the only ppl who come on the boards and make this an issue haven't figured out how to beat them yet

Last edited by FOREST007; 12-24-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: typos
Old 12-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
technically i am playing sim ball against someone who isn't playin sim ball. on offense your job is to score points, on defense your job is to stop the offense from scoring points. ill admit, i get tired of playing that way after a while...but i dont have to make any adjustments until they make adjustments.

i have the upperhand in this situation, if it was like rock scissors paper, i know what he's gonna put down so i kno what i need to put down. ill admit, its a boring way to play...but if someone tries to cheese me the best way to get them back is to frustrate them and beat them. besides, i run a very time consuming offense...so in the end, i am victorious. the only ppl who come on the boards and make this an issue haven't figured out how to beat them yet
Yep, it's boring.. but it's good practice. If you can force throws into your user area - it's great at practicing taking perfect angles and making nice plays on the ball. It also allows for more hitsticks because you should know where the ball is going therefore allowing you to line up your defenders better.

You can at least make it somewhat enjoyable.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Foresst 007, I have figured out how to beat them, just not all the time. Sometimes I figure out how to stop what they are doing too late, can't win em all. I have a pretty good record online. I just have an unappreciation for encountering this style of play.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »