Home

Getting beat by the same play unappreciation

This is a discussion on Getting beat by the same play unappreciation within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #9
MVP
 
OVR: 55
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minnesota
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Getting beat by the same play unappreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
the only time i would lose to a cheeser like this would be when they lag out or something lol

the easiest thing to do would be to adapt to what they are doing...and its easier than u make it sound. most cheesers hit the slot receiver most of the game, and they'll move their best receiver there.

the key is to move to a different skill position and mostly use the nickel. i like to use the safeties and mainly use cover 3 and take away the underneath routes. the LBs dont react well to slants or crossing routes, so it'll it be up to you follow that guy until he breaks off his route. hopefully, your d-line is gettin penetration

or u could control a lineman (4-3) or the blitzing LB (3-4) and pretty much do the same thing. but u should see what madden exploit they are tryin to approach. RBs in the flats or slot receiver.

if u lock those type players down for 2 or 3 series and u score at least once and force a turnover...they usually quit
This is true. They type of gamer who runs the same 3 plays and goes for it every 4th down is someone who accelerates the outcome of the game. The game can be decided within the first 15 minutes if you play your cards right. The downside is that you have to drag it out vs the CPU then .

I try to manually take away what ever they like, but I'm usually controlling LB's and they are sometimes not athletic enough to adjust to nice max passes over the middle. I may need to switch to a DB... good idea.
__________________
Xbox Live Gamertag: CreatineKasey

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
CreatineKasey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
All Star
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: Getting beat by the same play unappreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
the only time i would lose to a cheeser like this would be when they lag out or something lol

the easiest thing to do would be to adapt to what they are doing...and its easier than u make it sound. most cheesers hit the slot receiver most of the game, and they'll move their best receiver there.

the key is to move to a different skill position and mostly use the nickel. i like to use the safeties and mainly use cover 3 and take away the underneath routes. the LBs dont react well to slants or crossing routes, so it'll it be up to you follow that guy until he breaks off his route. hopefully, your d-line is gettin penetration

or u could control a lineman (4-3) or the blitzing LB (3-4) and pretty much do the same thing. but u should see what madden exploit they are tryin to approach. RBs in the flats or slot receiver.

if u lock those type players down for 2 or 3 series and u score at least once and force a turnover...they usually quit
But then you're not playing football. Except calling the same two or three defenses to counter their two or three offensive palys. Its just like rock scissors paper now.
Exonerated is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
MVP
 
DGuinta1's Arena
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 2,703
Re: Getting beat by the same play unappreciation

People I don't like their gaming style or aren't sportsmanlike, I go into the XBOX friends list and check off that I don't want to play players like this or I do. Definitely helps play less of the cheese heads out there!
__________________
NFL - Dallas Cowboys, MLB - NY Yankees
NBA - Knicks, NHL - NY Rangers,
NCAABB - St. Johns Redmen (Redstorm)
DGuinta1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #12
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: Getting beat by the same play unappreciation

Damn, we dont have that option on ps3. From my experienc, anyone with something like xXx in their name is a cheeser, I never play those guys anymore. Also, if on the first kickoff of the game, the guy audibles to an onside kick, get ready for some cheese. But like the other guy said, these guys are easily fustrated if you shut them down for the first quarter or so. I played a guy last night who threw a pick when I was up 10-0 in th first quarter. After the pick he quit. He had plenty of time, but whatever. The thing is, most times I can only stop cheese with more cheese and it just makes the game too unrealistic. For example, one game I had to audible everyone of my defensive lineman to man coverage with a receiver to stop this ridiculous pass play this guy did EVERY play. That is nowhere near sim football, but it was the only alternative I could think of to stop the SAME play that the A.I. wouldnt adapt to. You can only manually controll one person and make necessary adjustments. But the rest of the ai has no clue. If someone does playaction rollout EVERY play, my defens should be immune to biting on the run fake after at least 7 or 8 plays in a row. I mean, cmon man, theh have to improve this for 11
drolouis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
Rookie
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: Getting beat by the same play unappreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
But then you're not playing football. Except calling the same two or three defenses to counter their two or three offensive palys. Its just like rock scissors paper now.
technically i am playing sim ball against someone who isn't playin sim ball. on offense your job is to score points, on defense your job is to stop the offense from scoring points. ill admit, i get tired of playing that way after a while...but i dont have to make any adjustments until they make adjustments.

i have the upperhand in this situation, if it was like rock scissors paper, i know what he's gonna put down so i kno what i need to put down. ill admit, its a boring way to play...but if someone tries to cheese me the best way to get them back is to frustrate them and beat them. besides, i run a very time consuming offense...so in the end, i am victorious. the only ppl who come on the boards and make this an issue haven't figured out how to beat them yet

Last edited by FOREST007; 12-24-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: typos
FOREST007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #14
MVP
 
OVR: 55
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minnesota
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Getting beat by the same play unappreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
technically i am playing sim ball against someone who isn't playin sim ball. on offense your job is to score points, on defense your job is to stop the offense from scoring points. ill admit, i get tired of playing that way after a while...but i dont have to make any adjustments until they make adjustments.

i have the upperhand in this situation, if it was like rock scissors paper, i know what he's gonna put down so i kno what i need to put down. ill admit, its a boring way to play...but if someone tries to cheese me the best way to get them back is to frustrate them and beat them. besides, i run a very time consuming offense...so in the end, i am victorious. the only ppl who come on the boards and make this an issue haven't figured out how to beat them yet
Yep, it's boring.. but it's good practice. If you can force throws into your user area - it's great at practicing taking perfect angles and making nice plays on the ball. It also allows for more hitsticks because you should know where the ball is going therefore allowing you to line up your defenders better.

You can at least make it somewhat enjoyable.
__________________
Xbox Live Gamertag: CreatineKasey

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
CreatineKasey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #15
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: Getting beat by the same play unappreciation

Foresst 007, I have figured out how to beat them, just not all the time. Sometimes I figure out how to stop what they are doing too late, can't win em all. I have a pretty good record online. I just have an unappreciation for encountering this style of play.
drolouis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 AM.

Top -