Home

Imported NCAA 10 Draft

This is a discussion on Imported NCAA 10 Draft within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Imported NCAA 10 Draft

I simed a season with an imported NCAA 10 draft. I wanted to see what the results were, but i didn't control all 32 teams. However, it looks like the import kinda took sleepers out of the equation. And the players are basically just taken in order from best to worst.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Imported NCAA 10 Draft

There are sadly no sleepers with a imported draft class and the ratings can be random. I think the draft might be better than in the past but teams still don't draft off need and mainly off who's the best there.

This is something I wish would be fixed.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 12-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, I'm hoping this can improve next year. But you can actually get some decent players in later rounds. Their ratings may not be great, at least overall, but they can still be good. I drafted a linebacker in the 3rd who is 63 OVR B potential, but he has 88 TAK, and he'st a beast on the field. And my 4th rounder is a CB 65 OVR, and he's a solid starter.

EDIT: To above poster: I somewhat agree, but some teams to draft best player avalible. I mean, the Vikings obviously aren't going to take a RB in the 1st, but I know my team, the Jags, and some others, take whoever they feel is the best player on the board.

Last edited by mjd3221; 12-23-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd3221
Yeah, I'm hoping this can improve next year. But you can actually get some decent players in later rounds. Their ratings may not be great, at least overall, but they can still be good. I drafted a linebacker in the 3rd who is 63 OVR B potential, but he has 88 TAK, and he'st a beast on the field. And my 4th rounder is a CB 65 OVR, and he's a solid starter.

EDIT: To above poster: I somewhat agree, but some teams to draft best player avalible. I mean, the Vikings obviously aren't going to take a RB in the 1st, but I know my team, the Jags, and some others, take whoever they feel is the best player on the board.
I just hate it for example, when the Patriots take a QB in the 1st round. Stuff like that. I know the best available happens (like when the Vikings drafted Peterson and had Chester Taylor), but it seems like a lot of weird stuff happens in a sim draft.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 12-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

That's why it helps to control all teams. Then when you have a team draft a player they don't need, trade them for more picks in the next draft.

In my last offseason, the Giants drafted Bradford in the middle of the first round and after a strong preseason they traded him to the Vikings for their 1st, 3rd and 4th (from Rams).

I just decided that if he went over 55% completion and threw 3 more TDs than INTs through the preseason I would trade him to the team that needed him the most.

The Vikings had signed Pennington to a 3 year deal, and he started (77 OVR) while Bradford (70 OVR) rode the pine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2009, 02:12 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

I didnt no CPU teams could trade....
Old 12-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

They can't, other than draft picks, but...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
That's why it helps to control all teams. Then when you have a team draft a player they don't need, trade them for more picks in the next draft.
He said he controlled all the teams.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:48 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
They can't, other than draft picks, but...........

He said he controlled all the teams.

But he said "they" traded Sam Bradford so it through me off I guess

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »