Home

Anyone Restrict their Franchise to Make it Harder?

This is a discussion on Anyone Restrict their Franchise to Make it Harder? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5
Anyone Restrict their Franchise to Make it Harder?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone else makes restrictions in their franchise to make things more difficult. I say this because what I decided to do in order to make things interesting is I made a cupcake franchise, but I had one twist, everyone had to be 5'11" or shorter. The only positions this doesn't apply to are the offensive and defensive line because players that short don't exist. They have to be 6'3" or shorter. As for quarterbacks, they have to be 6'0" or shorter because the only 5'11" QB in the league is Senaca Wallace. It makes things interesting because I've got Troy Smith as my main QB right now. Anyone else have interesting restrictions you guys use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Anyone Restrict their Franchise to Make it Harder?

I don't have any players over 80. I only sign players to 2-3 years and if they go over 80 i dont resign them. It makes for an interesting game since most of my players are out of the draft.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 12-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
I don't have any players over 80. I only sign players to 2-3 years and if they go over 80 i dont resign them. It makes for an interesting game since most of my players are out of the draft.
I think the Lions and Rams do this in real life...
Old 12-27-2009, 01:12 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Elvis Dumerville of the Broncos is a Defensive End who is shorter than 6'3". I believe he is about 5'11" or so and is one of the league leaders in sacks
Old 12-27-2009, 03:33 AM   #5
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I think the Lions and Rams do this in real life...
lawl. Kind of like how I get the feeling Al Davis checks madden stats and only signs players with a 95 SPD or higher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I restrict the trades and free agent signings that I make, I haven't actually laid out any rules, but the goal is for realistic transactions, here are something things I can think of:

- Only a few trades a year, max. 2 or 3.

- I don't sign players that have been cut or traded away in real life, under poor circumstances (i.e. I would not bring Joey Harrington back to the Lions).

- I only trade if it makes sense for the other team.
[For example, if I have an 80 rated left guard I want to trade, I will look for teams that have low rated, older left guards, and need help there (i.e. a team with 71 and 68 rated guards, neither being a recent high draft pick). Then I only take back a player that is stuck low on their depth chart (i.e. an 80 backup behind a 88 starter, as long as their starter isn't about to retire), or a draft pick].

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »