Home

Tips and Tricks?

This is a discussion on Tips and Tricks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Tips and Tricks?

I got Madden NFL 10 for Christmas (absolutely loved the demo) and I have a few questions about some basic things.

1) I have no real clue about man to man coverages, zone coverages, and what not so I've been using the Ask Madden Defensive plays. Can they be trusted most of the time? It seems whenever I play offline or online it seems that my guys don't seem to be on their man 100%.

2) This maybe a noob thing to ask but, when you're the QB and you zoom out to the see the play there are orange and yellow lines, my question is what is the difference between these lines? Do the orange lines mean I should pass to that one guy or does it mean something else?

3) I've been using the New York Giants playbooks for both Offence and Defence. Are there any good playbooks that a new player should try out, or should I stick with these? The offence playbook works really well for my type of play which is around half running, and then a mix of short and medium length passes.

4) Again this may seem like another noob question, but it seems when ever I'm in the pocket, it collapses really fast, and doesn't give me time for both the QB and the recievers to get open. Is it just me setup for that play, or should I move away from the pocket once it starts collapsing.

I greatly appreciate everyone's answers and sorry if these questions sound ******** in anyway.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Tips and Tricks?

1. Ask Madden is the worst. if you understand football basics, you should pick your defense based on personnel and situation. try sticking to the 4-3 or 3-4 until the offense has 3+ WRs, then switch to nickle and dime in obvious passing situations. It's a good idea to mix in man, zone, and blitz plays to keep the offense off balance.

2. The orange receiver is your primary go-to guy. It's kinda useless.

3. I'd recommend trying a few different playbooks in practice mode. That way you have all the time in the world to cycle through all the plays available and see what plays you like.

4. Try switching the game speed to Slow. Also, you can use the sliders to decrease the CPU pass rush or increase your pass block. However, the best advice I could give would be to really know the routes in your plays and make sure you have at least one dump-off guy as a second or third read just in case the pressure gets there.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 12-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Tips and Tricks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
1. Ask Madden is the worst. if you understand football basics, you should pick your defense based on personnel and situation. try sticking to the 4-3 or 3-4 until the offense has 3+ WRs, then switch to nickle and dime in obvious passing situations. It's a good idea to mix in man, zone, and blitz plays to keep the offense off balance.

2. The orange receiver is your primary go-to guy. It's kinda useless.

3. I'd recommend trying a few different playbooks in practice mode. That way you have all the time in the world to cycle through all the plays available and see what plays you like.

4. Try switching the game speed to Slow. Also, you can use the sliders to decrease the CPU pass rush or increase your pass block. However, the best advice I could give would be to really know the routes in your plays and make sure you have at least one dump-off guy as a second or third read just in case the pressure gets there.
Thanks man! I'll have to try those coverages in my Franchise game later today. I'll also try everything else you mentioned a bit later as well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »