Home

Top 25 Madden WRs

This is a discussion on Top 25 Madden WRs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Top 25 Madden WRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Not true.Call any pass play and then audible or hot route a low awr/route running wr and see what happens.Its not cut AND dry as you describe.From my perspective I have seen wr run wrong routes and other wonky things that inexperienced wrs might do during a game.Where as Andre Johnson can run any route/any audible to perfection.The ratings do matter IMO.
After 250 online games, I have never seen a WR run the wrong route. I have a 59 overall, 90 speed WR as my 3rd WR.. he's in a lot.

I use the Broncos, so I have Marshall, Royal, then I put McKinley.. he's a good receiver because he can catch, then outrun a lot of LBs that are under 90 speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Well, it is His list so try not to make it personal
And its my opinion, your point.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangkiki
After 250 online games, I have never seen a WR run the wrong route. I have a 59 overall, 90 speed WR as my 3rd WR.. he's in a lot.

I use the Broncos, so I have Marshall, Royal, then I put McKinley.. he's a good receiver because he can catch, then outrun a lot of LBs that are under 90 speed.
Route running has to do with separation. Good route runners will get more separation, especially in man coverage.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
Yeah, but Larry Fitz isn't even on this list... He always gets open, is fast as hell and catches EVERY THING!!! He's one of the most over rated player in the game this year, given how he's playing this year...

After that is Andre Johnson, but you have to know how to play him. He's a deep threat, but where he shines is in short little passes and running after the catch... And the fact that he's only a 98, while Larry was a 99, then they dropped Larry to a 98 and left Andre at a 98 as well is a sham... Even in real life, Andre has like 500 more yard and a ton more TDs then Larry Fitz.

After that Steve Smith IS the tops, but again, you have to know how to use him. Again short little passes with the odd long one... Also has one of the most amazing stiff arms in the game...

The old "speed kills" thing is more dead then it was in the past... Route running plays a huge part in how good the WRs are this year. Not having it in your list is a huge over sight.
Larry Fitzgerald is 89 speed. He's not fast as hell. He has 89 speed as of the last roster update. Again, Route running doesn't matter =/ Hate to tell you that, but you should try it. Take a scrub 80 speed corner then create a player with no skills, no route running BUT 99 speed and see who wins.. Do man to man coverage..
Old 12-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

First of all wangtangkiki, you've been on this website for like a week. So chill out a bit. But I would like to know what level you actually play on, because speed is the only thing that matters on Rookie and Pro but once you get to All Pro and definitely Madden the importance of speed decreases big time. EA even posted on their website that there was going to be a slide that would increase and decrease the difference of the speed of players. http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...en-nfl-10.aspx
As you can see from the link, if you are playing on Rookie or Pro you can see the difference of the speeds but when you look at All Pro and Madden you see how little speed matters. This is facts not just some made up stats.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 55

I think some people just see what they want to see.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-31-2009, 12:46 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
First of all wangtangkiki, you've been on this website for like a week. So chill out a bit. But I would like to know what level you actually play on, because speed is the only thing that matters on Rookie and Pro but once you get to All Pro and definitely Madden the importance of speed decreases big time. EA even posted on their website that there was going to be a slide that would increase and decrease the difference of the speed of players. http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...en-nfl-10.aspx
As you can see from the link, if you are playing on Rookie or Pro you can see the difference of the speeds but when you look at All Pro and Madden you see how little speed matters. This is facts not just some made up stats.
I play on All-Madden. What does having to be on this site for a little over a week have to do with my post? I know what I'm talking about.

Exactly CreatineKasey, I believe everyone believes what they want to see.
Tell me why this occurs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbd9CLEnpis

Oh yeah, I forgot.. Man and Zone coverage matter right? No.
I play on All-Madden in unranked games
and play All-Pro (Default settings I believe) online..

Also, I don't understand why you showed me that. Obviously I play on a higher skill level if I've played 200 games, and have made a huge list of WRs. The slider that effects the speed of players is the player minimum speed threshold.. that is on default. I play online, which is All-Pro, 7 minute quarters, normal game speed, and default of all the other settings. I don't know if you've ever played Madden online, but you would understand that anyone that picks the Eagles, they win a lot because they can get the deep ball on DeSean Jackson, he outruns coverages, and breaks man coverage by outrunning an 80 speed corner with high man/zone coverage ratings.. Tell me why that Rick No Ankles can dominate while having 98 speed but no man / zone coverage skills?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 12:52 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangkiki
I don't know if you've ever played Madden online, but you would understand that anyone that picks the Eagles, they win a lot because they can get the deep ball on DeSean Jackson, he outruns coverages, and breaks man coverage by outrunning an 80 speed corner with high man/zone coverage ratings.. Tell me why that Rick No Ankles can dominate while having 98 speed but no man / zone coverage skills?
A WR outrunning an 80 SPD CB? No shock there - I mean, is that a problem?

CBs that slow would need safety help at the least to stay with DeSean...or just about any other WR.

I don't think speed should be everything - but that's a huge difference. I wouldn't ever want to field an 80 SPD DB... There's FBs that can outrun that.

As far as fast corner with no skills - they probably can make up ground by their speed - which isn't entirely unrealistic. Having good "catch up speed" can be a saving grace for when a CB gets beat or just isn't a strong cover guy - he can outrun his mistakes, so to speak.

Last edited by KBLover; 12-31-2009 at 12:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »