Home

Top 25 Madden WRs

This is a discussion on Top 25 Madden WRs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2009, 09:44 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Top 25 Madden WRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangkiki
I say try not to be biased because I tried this switch, and on the first play the pass was completed to Brandon Marshall covered by Heyward-Bey. After that, he's shutdown Eddie Royal who has 94 speed compared to Bey's 97 speed. Try it yourself please. If Heyward-Bey was to continuously get burned, I would admit it, but he did not.

Okay, but how do you explain the fact that Revis shuts down whoever he's near with just 92 SPD?

Meanwhile, Fabian Washington...sucks. LaDarius Webb - sucks. They are faster than either of those two. Webb, 93 SPD, Foxworth, 93 SPD, Washington, 98 SPD.

Rolle is better because of his AWR at the least, but he's slower than those two (85 SPD).

I mean, my Raiders fantasy team has way better coverage than my Ravens real roster team and the Oakland team does not have uber fast CBs. Revis and Finnegan are at 92 SPD but cover better than Webb or Fabian Washington? If it's just speed - then Webb and Washington should be owning the pass defense.

That....is not happening. And this is just CPU control - I don't switch so it's not me screwing things up or making them play better - it's whatever the game is doing.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:53 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
I say try not to be biased because I tried this switch, and on the first play the pass was completed to Brandon Marshall covered by Heyward-Bey. After that, he's shutdown Eddie Royal who has 94 speed compared to Bey's 97 speed. Try it yourself please. If Heyward-Bey was to continuously get burned, I would admit it, but he did not.

Okay, but how do you explain the fact that Revis shuts down whoever he's near with just 92 SPD?

Meanwhile, Fabian Washington...sucks. LaDarius Webb - sucks. They are faster than either of those two. Webb, 93 SPD, Foxworth, 93 SPD, Washington, 98 SPD.

Rolle is better because of his AWR at the least, but he's slower than those two (85 SPD).

I mean, my Raiders fantasy team has way better coverage than my Ravens real roster team and the Oakland team has D.R Cromartie but he's in the nickle back position because he doesn't shut starting guy down for me nearly as well (mediocre AWR). Revis and Finnegan are at 92 SPD but cover better than Webb or Fabian Washington? If it's just speed - then Webb and Washington should be owning the pass defense.

That....is not happening. And this is just CPU control - I don't switch so it's not me screwing things up or making them play better - it's whatever the game is doing.

The WR who have TDs against Revis (I always match him with the best WR):

Larry Fitzgerald, 89 SPD
Antonio Bryant: 86 SPD

He's shut down (or out) these fast WR:

Calvin Johnson, 95 SPD
Chad John...Ochocinco, 93 SPD

Mason has 4 catches against Revis (under 90 SPD)

And while this wasn't against Revis - Kevin Walter, 82 SPD and all, had the best day against my secondary so far with 6 catches (against either Finnegan or D.R. Cromartie and his 97 SPD)
Old 12-31-2009, 10:11 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

I mean, my Raiders fantasy team has way better coverage than my Ravens real roster team and the Oakland team has D.R Cromartie but he's in the nickle back position because he doesn't shut starting guy down for me nearly as well (mediocre AWR). Revis and Finnegan are at 92 SPD but cover better than Webb or Fabian Washington? If it's just speed - then Webb and Washington should be owning the pass defense.

The WR who have TDs against Revis (I always match him with the best WR):

Larry Fitzgerald, 89 SPD
Antonio Bryant: 86 SPD

He's shut down (or out) these fast WR:

Calvin Johnson, 95 SPD
Chad John...Ochocinco, 93 SPD

Mason has 4 catches against Revis (under 90 SPD)

And while this wasn't against Revis - Kevin Walter, 82 SPD and all, had the best day against my secondary so far with 6 catches (against either Finnegan or D.R. Cromartie and his 97 SPD)
Speed with a WR means a lot. It's just random on when they are in position or not. I put Eddie Royal on Nnamdi and he gets beat all the time. They are of equal speeds. Speed matters a lot, but it's random on when you are in position or not. It's rarely based on numbers. Just go to practice mode on ALL MADDEN. You will see. I put Darrius Heyward-Bey at corner and he was shutting down Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshall just as well as Nnamdi Asomugha was.

Speed matters, but there is a random factor which kicks in that can put your corner out of position.. There are certain routes that can burn any DB.. Most of the time if you put a WR in a drag, the corner is in catchup mode.

The reason the slower WRs can beat the corners is because of what type of route you are running, compounded with a random factor that does not seem to be based off of ratings. Champ Bailey gets beat frequently. He doesn't get beat as much as he does on Madden.

Please go watch Heyward-Bey and Asomugha at corner in practice mode on all-madden. Do a shotgun play with the RB blocking. Heyward-Bey will be fast so he can catch the WR at any time.. He is just as good at defending curls as Asomugha is because he has great speed.

Anyway, this is a losing battle. You guys will see what you want to see. I will never be able to prove to you that a lot of the ratings don't matter.

Most QB Ratings matter
Most RB Ratings matter
Not many CB / WR ratings matter

I'm probably going to stop posting until someone realizes that what I'm saying is the true. Someone other than me should try it.
You should definitely check out a few videos by Ryan Moody:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RyanMoody21
and by apex
http://www.youtube.com/user/apexisfree
or versuz
http://www.youtube.com/user/versuz2

They will show you how ratings do not matter.
It doesn't matter. You guys still won't believe. There's something about people not wanting to admit that they were fooled. I guess it's a pride thing.

The biggest evidence of ratings not working on All-Madden:
http://www.youtube.com/user/versuz2#.../0/DunWUIigyAY

Last edited by wangtangkiki; 12-31-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 10:18 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
The reason the slower WRs can beat the corners is because of what type of route you are running, compounded with a random factor that does not seem to be based off of ratings. Champ Bailey gets beat frequently. He doesn't get beat as much as he does on Madden.
If there's a random factor - it could be based off ratings. While I can't be sure - it's hard to believe that in my Ravens franchise, I'm facing all the routes DBs can't cover well due to poor player AI and in the Oakland franchise I'm facing all the routes any DB can cover?

Or I'm getting "unlucky" in one but "lucky" in the other - based solely on an isolated random factor (i.e. not based on ratings, just a flat X% chance)?

Quote:
Please go watch Heyward-Bey and Asomugha at corner in practice mode on all-madden. Do a shotgun play with the RB blocking. Heyward-Bey will be fast so he can catch the WR at any time.. He is just as good at defending curls as Asomugha is because he has great speed.
I'll look - but does practice mode play like franchise mode? There's been noted, or at least suggested difference between even play now and franchise (and both are "real game" modes) so I wonder about practice mode.

Also, what is your human pass reaction slider on? I could figure it out if it's default all-madden, but I'd rather know for sure. Mine is on 40 on my custom sliders.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:26 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
If there's a random factor - it could be based off ratings. While I can't be sure - it's hard to believe that in my Ravens franchise, I'm facing all the routes DBs can't cover well due to poor player AI and in the Oakland franchise I'm facing all the routes any DB can cover?

Or I'm getting "unlucky" in one but "lucky" in the other - based solely on an isolated random factor (i.e. not based on ratings, just a flat X% chance)?

I'll look - but does practice mode play like franchise mode? There's been noted, or at least suggested difference between even play now and franchise (and both are "real game" modes) so I wonder about practice mode.

Also, what is your human pass reaction slider on? I could figure it out if it's default all-madden, but I'd rather know for sure. Mine is on 40 on my custom sliders.
I just play on All-Madden, and all my sliders are on default. Player Minimum speed threshold is at 50; Game Speed: Normal (This is the setting used online so I like to play with this speed to have a feeling of the online games)

My online franchise is set to All-Madden and this affects me during online franchise. I draft all speed players on defense.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:46 PM   #54
Rookie

cmcghs's Arena

OVR: 6

No route-running (RTE) stat? Unless I missed something.

EDIT: Nevermind, you said you narrowed it down to 5 stats that count most towards overall. I guess RTE doesn't count very much in OVR for WR/HB.

My bad.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:22 AM   #55
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:

I mean, my Raiders fantasy team has way better coverage than my Ravens real roster team and the Oakland team does not have uber fast CBs. Revis and Finnegan are at 92 SPD but cover better than Webb or Fabian Washington? If it's just speed - then Webb and Washington should be owning the pass defense.

Not that I'm going too far off topic but...Washington Is money in my OF. I love the Guy he makes lots of plays for me. Including a PickSix!!As for Finnegan, I torch him regularly,easily too. Then again Andre Johnson beats most NFL corners in Madden and IRL.For a Corner Speed is important but for double moves,play action,Screen plays,runs, you better make sure he has high play recognition and awareness too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2010, 04:40 AM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Not that I'm going too far off topic but...Washington Is money in my OF. I love the Guy he makes lots of plays for me. Including a PickSix!!As for Finnegan, I torch him regularly,easily too. Then again Andre Johnson beats most NFL corners in Madden and IRL.For a Corner Speed is important but for double moves,play action,Screen plays,runs, you better make sure he has high play recognition and awareness too.
That's another thing lol.. I don't believe awareness or play recognition works.. My d-line play recog/awareness are really high, yet they continue to rush the QB when there's a screen.

I seriously doubt they work for corners. I will test this tonight

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »