Home

How Do You Use Differnt Play Pacakges and Sub Guys in on the Playcalling Menu???

This is a discussion on How Do You Use Differnt Play Pacakges and Sub Guys in on the Playcalling Menu??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How Do You Use Differnt Play Pacakges and Sub Guys in on the Playcalling Menu???

I'm on the PS3.On the playcalling menu, the only buttons on the banner are R2 whic flips the play and circle which is back. Here's the weird thing. I looked in the booklet that comes with the game annd under "Playing the Game" it has a subheading that says "playcalling screen" directly underneatch it. Under neath that is a paragraph that says exactly this:

"The Playcalling screen has been streamlined in Madden 10 to match you up with the perfect play quicker. Move theleft stick to choose your plays, and move the right stick to toggle between differnt play packages. You cam also press the R1 button to sub in players and the L1 button to flip plays. "

A couple things have me completely confused:

1.) When I press R2, that flips the play but pressing L1 does nothing.
2.) I see nothing that allows me to use differnt ply packages on the playcalling menu, and moving the right stick does nothing.
3.) I see nothing anywhere on the playcalling screen that indicates that I can sub in certain players for a play. Pressing R1 does nothing. The only way can manually put in a player is by pausing the game, going under coaching options and selecting depth chart, and put in a differny player that way. But, I can't package in a guy for particular plays and i can sub in a guy for 1 play. I have to go to the depth chart and set another player as #1 at that posistion, otherwise he doesn't come in enless the computer puts him in. I don't want t have to constantly change the depth chart to sub in players.

There has to be a way to do these things because you could do it in Madden 09, the booklet claims you can, and it would make no sense at all if we couldn't.

Any Answers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How Do You Use Differnt Play Pacakges and Sub Guys in on the Playcalling Menu???

i think the problem is that your choosing plays by play type rather than by formation. ive found out that if you pick plays by type rather than by formation you cant use the package and player sub features. imo its stupid but thats how it works so if you choose plays by formation you can use the right stick to pick different player packages or use R1 to substitute individual players. hope that helps.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: How Do You Use Differnt Play Pacakges and Sub Guys in on the Playcalling Menu???

You have to do it while you are choosing your formation, NOT while you are choosing the play within the formation.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks. That is how i select my plays, is by type so now I know what to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »