Home

Madden 11 Announcing

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Announcing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #25
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 11 Announcing

Hammond should just do Notre Dame games in the NCAA series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

I honestly liked the Radio guys in Madden.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:04 PM   #27
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

i never understood why madden himself isn't one of the broadcasters i loved his play by play when he used to announce

Old 01-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #28
Rookie

TheFallenAngel's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by killgod
The suggestion that it's the script and not Hammond is laughable.

I realize nobody watched the boring Bungles/Jests game last weekend, but Hammond/Gibbs/Theismann probably were the worst trio of announcers since Dennis Miller was on the MNF team.

Hammond is god awful.
I was going to point this out. Sure the script sucks too, but Tom Hammond sucks in real life and in the game.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:54 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

whats sad is that after almost six years, nfl 2k5's presentation is still way better than madden
I thought EA bought the ESPN license, why are they not using it?
Old 01-17-2010, 12:57 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 38

I love Collingsworth... His voice is just so appealing to listen too.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Madden 11 Annoucning

Bring back Al Michaels? Why? He sounded awful, robotic and emotionless, too. I don't know what game everyone else was listening to when he was there, but he sounded terrible to me.

Like Rocky pointed out on page one, it's scripting and coaching. Listen to the two new personalities in Madden 10. They sound like crap, too. Why? Because the folks in charge of sound aren't doing a good job of writing and coaching.

I have Madden for 3DO, released in 1994. Did you know that some of the script in that game is still being used today? It's almost verbatim. That's sad.

You can put whoever you want in there, it's not going to matter. The outcome will be the same. It's the process being used that needs changing first. That's the real problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 04:18 AM   #32
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 11 Annoucning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Bring back Al Michaels? Why? He sounded awful, robotic and emotionless, too. I don't know what game everyone else was listening to when he was there, but he sounded terrible to me.

Like Rocky pointed out on page one, it's scripting and coaching. Listen to the two new personalities in Madden 10. They sound like crap, too. Why? Because the folks in charge of sound aren't doing a good job of writing and coaching.

I have Madden for 3DO, released in 1994. Did you know that some of the script in that game is still being used today? It's almost verbatim. That's sad.

You can put whoever you want in there, it's not going to matter. The outcome will be the same. It's the process being used that needs changing first. That's the real problem.
Seriously? Al Michaels was great! I just popped in M05, and Al just gets it...Tom Hammond does not. If you think bringing Al back wouldn't improve this game at all you are delusional.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »