Home

Have you ever been slaughtered twice by same team in same season?

This is a discussion on Have you ever been slaughtered twice by same team in same season? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Have you ever been slaughtered twice by same team in same season?

i've been slaughtered not twice but 3 times by the Saints...I play has the Falcons...I'm in my 5th season but season 4 they beat me Wk (4) 45-10, Wk (9) 65-20 that game was so frustrating that i super simmed the 4th qtr down 45-17.....But its all good i go on to the playoffs 14-2 with a playoff by, no way the Saints beat Philly in the wildcard game..well they do and they beat me again but 24-21 atleast it was close huh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

no but the eagles have.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:21 PM   #27
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotjackdup
no but the eagles have.
three times
The UCLA Bruins

And I'm moving to Chicago so...
The Green Bay Packers!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 12

Never against division rivals. The Titans seem to have my number. I always face them in the regular season and in the Playoffs. They always win the regular season battle, and knocked me out of the Playoffs once. I'm in my third year with the Jets.

I'm actually facing them now, their 12-3 and I'm 11-4. For the #1 seed.
NY Knicks :(

Old 01-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasoldierboi
i've been slaughtered not twice but 3 times by the Saints...I play has the Falcons...I'm in my 5th season but season 4 they beat me Wk (4) 45-10, Wk (9) 65-20 that game was so frustrating that i super simmed the 4th qtr down 45-17.....But its all good i go on to the playoffs 14-2 with a playoff by, no way the Saints beat Philly in the wildcard game..well they do and they beat me again but 24-21 atleast it was close huh
That is awesome. Three times in one season and two of them blowouts! That is so hilarious!!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #30
Rookie

Just a quick update. I am in season 2 and guess who is scheduled to play me next game... The PACK! I am 11-0, and am still smarting from that whoopin they put on me to end my Super Bowl hopes last year. Yup, still smarting despite killing them in the pre-season, lol.

As fate would have it, my Super-Rookie QB (127.0 QB rating) had a meniscus tear and was sidelined for 3 weeks. This will be the last game he misses. So, Matt Hasselbeck starts at QB facing the team that killed him twice and the team he used to play for.

Here's to hoping I give them the payback they deserve.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #31
Rookie

Well, I played the hated Pack Attack. They had me down at the Half 12-7. I was driving and fumbled so they kicked a field goal at HT. I felt lousy about my chances and was wondering what in the world I had to do against these guys.

Long story short, I broke away from them 28-12. They scored with 3 minutes and change left in the game (retaining all 3 timeouts). They went for two and converted, but on the play I blitzed Curry and he knocked Rodgers out for the rest of the game.

I get the ball leading 28-20. Just have to make them use their TO's and run clock. I failed to convert even 1 first down. They get the ball with plenty of time left. Rex Grossman (their back-up comes in). First pass incomplete. 2nd pass 11 yards, first down, out of bounds. I am feeling sick, like I can't stop fate for nothing.

Then, Rexxy baby comes through big time. I blitz him and he throws a bad pass, I intercept, run the clock out and win 28-20!!!

I have to say, if I hadn't injured Rodgers, they would probably have scored and it would have come down to OT. In a rainy game, field goals are never a sure thing. Who knows what would have happened.

Will destiny force a re-match? I hope not, GB will have to win out to even have a chance for the Play-offs. I have a 20 million bonus riding on a Super Bowl appearance...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »