Home

joe montana passing mechanic or madden passing mechanic

This is a discussion on joe montana passing mechanic or madden passing mechanic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: joe montana passing mechanic or madden passing mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yeah, you're right - there will be those who resist the change. Though, I'm thinking more about the learning curve for those who are willing to try a new system.

For folks who are open to the new system, have the system be easy to pick up will just make them even more accepting of it, imo. It will be something new and novel and easy to pick up with some practice with it.

The example you mentioned with the controller set up change - that's an example of a change that was easy to pick up with some practice. If there's a new passing system, from the ground up new, having it be that easy or close to it to pick up is a good thing, imo.
i know joe montana 94 was hard to play, but the passing mechanic in joe montana 94 is going to be easy to learn and play now that we have two analog stick on the pad.
i know it is going to be easier than pushing the right botton(my opinion).
i understand why people dont like change but atleaste ea should give us a choice cause i hate these current passing mechanic with passion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

2K's "maximum passing" was always the best system IMO.

Madden needs to take out the BS "auto-lead" that's built into the passing game so they can finally let QBs throw the ball to a spot instead of only being able to throw to a WR and having the location of the ball end up being random.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yeah, you're right - there will be those who resist the change. Though, I'm thinking more about the learning curve for those who are willing to try a new system.

For folks who are open to the new system, have the system be easy to pick up will just make them even more accepting of it, imo. It will be something new and novel and easy to pick up with some practice with it.

The example you mentioned with the controller set up change - that's an example of a change that was easy to pick up with some practice. If there's a new passing system, from the ground up new, having it be that easy or close to it to pick up is a good thing, imo.
Which is why I was thinking... We have the evade stick, which is crap I might add, so why not put that stick to good use?

1. Keep the left stick to move the QB and right to place the ball (kind of goes with the vision cone idea)

2. You start out looking at the "go to" WR when you snap the ball. You can select different receivers by using the triggers moving receviers from left to right.

3. Then once you're on the guy who's open, you can lead or what ever with the right stick and click it down to throw to that guy, in the manner you selected.

It sounds a bit complicated, but in the end, I think it could be done well enough... It would also take away from a scramblers ability unless they got mad skills and can run, looking around for guys, and still make the pass... Which would be hard, as it should be IMO. It really could solve a bunch of other problems the game has at this time... Just a thought... Comments?
Old 01-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
Which is why I was thinking... We have the evade stick, which is crap I might add, so why not put that stick to good use?

1. Keep the left stick to move the QB and right to place the ball (kind of goes with the vision cone idea)

2. You start out looking at the "go to" WR when you snap the ball. You can select different receivers by using the triggers moving receviers from left to right.

3. Then once you're on the guy who's open, you can lead or what ever with the right stick and click it down to throw to that guy, in the manner you selected.

It sounds a bit complicated, but in the end, I think it could be done well enough... It would also take away from a scramblers ability unless they got mad skills and can run, looking around for guys, and still make the pass... Which would be hard, as it should be IMO. It really could solve a bunch of other problems the game has at this time... Just a thought... Comments?
that sound too complicated. we dont need something that is hard to control like the qb vision cone or the lead and read. we need something like joe montana 94.we should use the right anolog stick to control the landing spot of the ball and use the LT on 360 or L2 on ps3 to release the ball. these is going to look like the qb vision cone without a cone.
atleaste ea should give us and option.

Last edited by thechamp2009; 01-10-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #45
Rookie

Bring back the cone!...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 9

Also how about the worse the awr the QB has the slower it is to move the icon
Old 01-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #47
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

the awareness of the wr , te, or hb should be taken into account if they are not looking at the qb then there icon doesn't show until they do
Old 01-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechamp2009
that sound too complicated. we dont need something that is hard to control like the qb vision cone or the lead and read. we need something like joe montana 94.we should use the right anolog stick to control the landing spot of the ball and use the LT on 360 or L2 on ps3 to release the ball. these is going to look like the qb vision cone without a cone.
atleaste ea should give us and option.
Dude... What you're asking for is WAY harder then what I'm talking about. First off, play JMF and tell me the passing game was easy... The target thing wasn't in any particular area. You had to place it in the right area for ALL of your routes... That means it started in the middle of the screen. You have to figure out where a 5 yard in is going to be before you throw it, while moving your guy, then determin where you want to lead him to, all in a couple of seconds. Frankly anyone who doesn't understand how to use something as simple as the vision cone or didn't like the vision cone, doesn't have any reason for asking the passing to change. You want to change it completly to something that you haven't even tried before, which didn't work very well back then and wouldn't work very well now... Remember, that in JMF you have to position that marker from scratch for EVERY single route you run... Screens, slants, go routes, ins/outs... The way which I proposed simply places the icon in the area that the pass is going, taking away ONE step(the hardest I might add) from what you're talking about, making it easier... Not harder!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »