Home

R U There god? It's me, correct playoff tie breaking procedures in online franchise

This is a discussion on R U There god? It's me, correct playoff tie breaking procedures in online franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
R U There god? It's me, correct playoff tie breaking procedures in online franchise

just got done with our 2nd season of online franchise and once again the tie breakers are wrong and done in alphabetical order (by team name).

the funny thing is that the in-game standings have everything correct! for instance, the colts got in over the jags even though the jags swept the colts for the division. the game shows the jags in first, but the colts get the playoff spot!

this is pretty pathetic on EA's part that this hasn't been fixed. Ian and his other talking head buddies at Tiburon didn't notice this in their test online franchise?

and you know what? they don't even need to code the correct tie breakers! they just need to allow the commissioner to put the correct teams in the playoffs! but they don't!

i love online franchise and playing with 31 other people but this is just a piss poor effort. no cap, no contracts, no free agency.... ok. but not being able to get fundamental things of the league down? who put this **** together?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2009, 12:44 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: R U There god? It's me, correct playoff tie breaking procedures in online franch

A)
I can ABSOLUTELY confirm it's not done by alphabetical order. In the OS Online Franchise, both Houston and Tennessee finished 8-8, leading the AFC South, but the Texans beat the Titans both times, thus winning the tiebreaker. However, when we advanced to the playoffs, it was the Titans who got the division title and the playoff birth.

B)
Get in touch with Ryan Ferwerda at EA Tiburon. He and another Online Franchise engineer were able to fix our playoff seedings prior to us beginning the postseason. They also fixed our draft order for us, upon request. All you have to do is ask, you may be surprised what people are willing to do to help out.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Rookie

The Dude 419's Arena

Re: R U There god? It's me, correct playoff tie breaking procedures in online franch

How do you go about contacting him? Thanks
Old 01-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
A)
I can ABSOLUTELY confirm it's not done by alphabetical order. In the OS Online Franchise, both Houston and Tennessee finished 8-8, leading the AFC South, but the Texans beat the Titans both times, thus winning the tiebreaker. However, when we advanced to the playoffs, it was the Titans who got the division title and the playoff birth.

B)
Get in touch with Ryan Ferwerda at EA Tiburon. He and another Online Franchise engineer were able to fix our playoff seedings prior to us beginning the postseason. They also fixed our draft order for us, upon request. All you have to do is ask, you may be surprised what people are willing to do to help out.
It's one thing to be a lead member of a popular sports gaming site, it's another to be a random online guy. Your opinion is far more valuable to them then a regular Joe because you share it on your OS soapbox for people to read.

Anyways, I contacted him on many occasions to which many were ignored (despite me being 100% polite and professional) and he did state he'd help me on two occasions only to never answer any of my follow up messages afterwards. At the very same time however he did make an effort to respond to every dickhead who was rude and pointed them out as often as he could, which just got under my skin. Why respond to them and ignore those being respectful and polite as he's requested?

I eventually got fed up and our league just deals with whatever comes our way.

I'm not saying this fate will be yours to share, just explaining what we went through so you can help measure expectations when you contact them.

You'd contact them via Twitter.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:00 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

So wait...is it just random or something? That's ridiculous lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
Rookie

The Dude 419's Arena

Thanks killgod, and yes has far as I can tell it appears to be random, can't 100% confirm that but since there appears to be no full proof way that it is done it is the best bet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »