Home

Ratings and roster update question

This is a discussion on Ratings and roster update question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4
Ratings and roster update question

I'm a 49ers fan, and I have all the roster updates as seperate file saves on my 360, and looking at how Vernon Davis started out of the box as like a 73 if memory serves, and is now a 95 in the last roster update, I had to ask, "What did Donny do to his ratings ot make his OVERALL jump so high?" I see his run blocking ratings were a bit improved, but, unless I am mistaken, his ratings for Awareness, route running, catch, catch in traffic, etc are all still pretty low and relatively unchanged.

I just wonder in the case of Vernon Davis what ratings changed to make him a 95 [which he deserves] and if there weren't that many changes, did Donny just edit his overall rating to look better? I don;t really see a difference when I play with Davis as a 70-something and as a 95. He is still big and fast and can jump high, and out of the box he still caught passes and blocked well in the run game... so this 95OVR rating just appears to be a cosmetic thing [like most of the ratings?!?]

Anyway, I am just using a favorite player of mine as an example, but I am sure there are others for other teams. I guess I wonder if any of you have players on your team that you feel/see this way? Did they go up or down and you can't see how/why? Playing with them, does it feel different at all comparred to their higher/lower ratings?

Lastly, I play with Shaun Hill instead of Alex Smith, and after Hill went from a 76 or so down to a 70, I still play with him [partly because I don't like Alex Smith] and can't really tell any difference. [Also, I get the feeling that Hill was lowered only because he is not the starter. He had one bad half and was pulled, but is very much a game manager. That isn't a bad thing. He knows his role and his limitations and doesn't try to be someone he isn't. I'm sick of the 49ers trying to force Smith on the team when he is an inconsistant player who panics under pressure and holds onto the ball too long.]
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »