Home

Can't Play Local User Games in Online Franchise?!?!

This is a discussion on Can't Play Local User Games in Online Franchise?!?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:06 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Can't Play Local User Games in Online Franchise?!?!

Why didn't the Madden team include a feature in Online Franchise to allow two users to play each other offline on the same console? This is such a simple feature that NCAA 09 had in Online Dynasty, and it made those games so much more fun! It's ridiculous that the Madden team wouldn't include this...

I live close to my friends that I'm doing an Online Franchise with, and we wanted to get together to play our user games, but there's no way to do it? Garbage...

Let's finally see one of those magic "server-side updates" that we heard all about to add this feature eh?!?!

(not to mention contracts and a salary cap...)

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Can't Play Local User Games in Online Franchise?!?!

+1000
Old 01-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #3
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

Its called ONLINE FRANCHISE for a reason, I think you'll have to start an offline franchise with your "local friends" to play against him on the same console.

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Old 01-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

You used to be able to take on offline franchise and play online.....wish they would bring that back too.

Good call with the magical updates they said they could do. How about starting with updating the damn online franchise rosters to reflect current progressions
Old 01-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexis
Its called ONLINE FRANCHISE for a reason, I think you'll have to start an offline franchise with your "local friends" to play against him on the same console.
Ok, well then tell the NCAA team to take that feature out because in ONLINE DYNASTY, you can get together with a friend to play user games locally... and it's AWESOME.

I want to run a dynasty with friends (and be able to play our user games locally), but if you aren't roommates, it's impossible to have an offline franchise together that doesn't take a year (and lots of headaches) just to get through a season or two.

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

NCAA team has there stuff together. They did their online dynasty mode the right way. Madden Online Franchise on the other hand = FAIL. Its a nice mode but its really not an Online Franchise. I would say more but .... "easy Server side fixes"... still waiting
Old 01-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
NCAA team has there stuff together. They did their online dynasty mode the right way. Madden Online Franchise on the other hand = FAIL. Its a nice mode but its really not an Online Franchise. I would say more but .... "easy Server side fixes"... still waiting
Word dude. Although I will say, NCAA's gameplay is just horrendous. This was the first year in a while that I didn't buy NCAA and only bought Madden (I've bought both ever since I can remember) cuz once Madden came out, I wouldn't touch NCAA.

That said, NCAA's Online Dynasty made Madden's Online Franchise its "B".

#GoPackGo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »