Home

Madden 10 Wins Poll as Favorite Game of 2009

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Wins Poll as Favorite Game of 2009 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 10 Wins Poll as Favorite Game of 2009

Wow are you serious. So Madden wins game of the year, So now Ian Cummings sees this and goes o sweet lets not change anything. Even though the game is a bare boned pile of crap, the damn thing does not remotely play or feel like real football at all. Honestly I would probably vote madden 10 in the worst games of this year.

And ya I might get banned for this or whatever. But come one can you honestly look at a game of Madden and tell me it is a good game, I mean come on they have all the money in the world to make this ONE football game great and they cant even match up to a 2k5. Ian even said it himself on how he studied 2K5 so he could make madden 10 sooooo much better. Well Ian looks like you are still six years behind things.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmizzou
Wow are you serious. So Madden wins game of the year, So now Ian Cummings sees this and goes o sweet lets not change anything. Even though the game is a bare boned pile of crap, the damn thing does not remotely play or feel like real football at all. Honestly I would probably vote madden 10 in the worst games of this year.

And ya I might get banned for this or whatever. But come one can you honestly look at a game of Madden and tell me it is a good game, I mean come on they have all the money in the world to make this ONE football game great and they cant even match up to a 2k5. Ian even said it himself on how he studied 2K5 so he could make madden 10 sooooo much better. Well Ian looks like you are still six years behind things.
Yeah, your right, nothing changed from 09 to 10, so, nothing will change from 10 to 11.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #19
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by killgod
I don't know if Madden makes my top 5 sports games of the year personally. (I'd go MLB, then FIFA, then NHL, then UFC....either Madden or NBA2K goes 5th)

Most reputable review sites don't have it there either.

Opinions are opinions tho....then again PastaPadre is a very "Madden" site anyways. The comments below are hilarious tho, nobody seems to understand the results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
That's like taking a poll in a NIKE factory and asking "Who makes the best shoes"
Exactly. Padre's site is geared towards EA in a hard way. He constantly gives EA passes on issues that he'll turn around and bash 2k for having in their games. What's even more disingenuous about the site is not so much what the reports as his writing style. He will lead with positives about EA while burying the negatives, and lead with negatives about 2K while burying the positives.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #20
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
OS had a little over 400. Plus the writers and staff did a separate vote.
Its funny seeing how a poll w/ 400 votes is said to be more concrete than one w/ 5300 votes.

Last edited by dfos81; 01-22-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Its funny seeing how a poll w/ 400 votes is said to be more concrete than one w/ 5300 votes. Some of you guys are just .
Well, numbers aren't everything.

400 votes from a wider sampling of gamers can be more valid than 5300 football fans asking them which sports game is their favorite.

Validity is about the sampling at least as much as the numbers.

That seems to be the biggest knock on the poll results - the site that hosted the survey (and presumably where most of it's votes came from) is considered Madden/EA heavy (I haven't been there myself, so I can't form a judgment either way)

It's almost like going to a Democrat-heavy state and asking them if they prefer Democrats or Republicans, and then use that to say "Yep, Dems are the favored party in America!"

That's what people are really saying, imo. 400 votes with 130 of each Dem, GOP, Indy and 10 from whatever would be more valid than 5300 of one segment. Likewise, the OS poll is probably consider "more valid" because it seems this site is for all sports/developers without leaning to one or the other overall.

This isn't to say that I think "Madden shouldn't have won" or whatever. Whether it does or doesn't is of no consequence to me. Just saying numbers aren't everything in a poll.

Last edited by KBLover; 01-21-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #22
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Well, numbers aren't everything.

400 votes from a wider sampling of gamers can be more valid than 5300 football fans asking them which sports game is their favorite.
So Pastapadre's website is full of more Madden/EA fanboys than OS?

I don't know, just looks funny when a poll w/ 400 votes is said to be more accurate than one w/ 5300 votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I haven't been there myself, so I can't form a judgment either way
I doesn't matter to me either way, just thought it was news I haven't seen anywhere on OS. Sorry if that poll has offended any of you.

Last edited by dfos81; 01-21-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The OS reader vote was:

MLB '09: The Show (44%)
NBA 2K10 (20%)
Madden NFL 10 (10%)

So I think it's safe to say that there's a much wider variety of sports fans on this site than there is on Pasta's.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:25 PM   #24
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
The OS reader vote was:

MLB '09: The Show (44%)
NBA 2K10 (20%)
Madden NFL 10 (10%)

So I think it's safe to say that there's a much wider variety of sports fans on this site than there is on Pasta's.
Isn't MLB 09: The Show, exclusive to Sony?

All this tells me is OS has a higher percentage of gamers that like The Show vs. Pastapadre's website. Well at least the 400 that voted lol.

Last edited by dfos81; 01-22-2010 at 12:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »