Home

What does Madden 11 NEED to be successful in YOUR EYES

This is a discussion on What does Madden 11 NEED to be successful in YOUR EYES within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2010, 08:47 AM   #25
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: What does Madden 11 NEED to be successful in YOUR EYES

i think its a combo of old engine with new ideas it just doesn't mix. it cause dumb bugs that aren't seen during developement process because they are doing parts at a time not the whole all at once. once it all put together dumb crap pops up that didn't happen when it was an individual animation. the ability to correct it as a whole is messing up cause the engine sucks. I believe they know the engine sucks and for what ever reason they have to work with what they got.

its the same anywhere else you have a crap computer,but your boss expects you to pull something out of your a$$ that technically your computer can't handle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

1. CPU Playcalling: The basic stuff.

2. Animations: New Running Animation plus Jumping and Diving Catches.

3. Fixed Stats System: Better Franchise Stats.

4. New Commentary: More exciting.

5. Better Atmosphere: Better Playoff Atmosphere.

Last edited by gabs485; 01-22-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #27
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

running animations for all types of players on the level of 2ks engine.
and better ball physx with a ball that should be the right size.
progression that happens during a season not at the begging of one.

better line blocking the ability to sack the qb not sit there drop back in coverage and watch the qb sit there for 10 sec then throw the ball
the qb should have to get rid of it fast every time pass protecting pockets even at there best last 3-4 sec not 10 or more

real time lighting and field dedigration ,

a kazillion different types of throwing motions and trejectories with it being noticable in replays.

fumble muffs from the qb center
Old 01-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

another thing is trajectory. if i'm a guy peyton manning or joe flacco, i'm pretty damn tall. i can see over that oline. i'm also a pretty damn good passer, and I know how to throw the ball. with that said, why can't I throw the ball over the heads of dbs and lbs to make sure i get it to my receiver? if Ian is listening to bgamer suggestions at all, this needs to be addressed. peyton should be able to throw that ball at any location possible. behind, in front, over the head etc...why isn't this possible? i can't remember if we could do this is in NFL2K5 to be honest.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:39 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

-AI Playcalling. Be more sensible and logical, not jut blitz with reckless abandon until gashed for big plays then back out of it. Also, do away with the AI reading your play/play type and instead go by personnel like in real life. Coming out in a 4-3 run blitz with 4 WR on the field because they know I called a singleback run needs to die.

-Pass Coverage. Defenders should have to look at the ball to make consistent plays on said ball. AWR should give defenders a "field of vision" in the direction they are looking and then react to the ball when it's in their field of vision. This will make man coverage more realistic instead of the "see" the ball with his back turned 5 yds before it gets there. It will also let zone do what it's designed to do, have everyone looking at the QB/ball for better reactions at the expense of being static and not covering the actual receiver and leaving unprotected areas.

LBs should not be the best interceptors on the team. I shouldn't have Ray Lewis with more picks than Ed Reed. I shouldn't have Orakpo making better catches on the ball than Revis. Throw the ball right at Revis - he drops it. Orakpo has to run up and jump the route (which shouldn't happen with his poor ZCV rating anyway), and he makes a perfect catch. Keith Rivers did the same thing...TWICE...in the game. 3 INTs, all by LBs on plays DBs make.

Yet, when my DBs and Ss jump routes and undercut the pass, they drop it almost every time. Why?

On the other hand, make CTH on defense mean more. I got picked by a 35 CTH, 25 SPC DB on a leaping catch. Yeah..sure. At least on other time, he tried that and the ball went, literally, right through his hands to my WR for the TD. Not tipped, just right through his hands. He tried the leaping catch again, but missed it. THAT should happen with this guy, not the first play.

-Pass Offense. Give me a reason not to attack certain DBs. I shouldn't be able to disregard a high end DB only to have the low end DB make the same kind of plays. I should have to avoid the Revises, Asmoughas, Woodsons, and attack the average or below folks - and not have those folks play just as good as the top DBs.

-Pass Rushing. There should be a wider spread of PMV/FMV ratings so that the top guys break through consistently, but the weaker guys struggle.

-Run Defense. Same thing, BSH should be spread out. Any joe shouldn't be able to break through a solid OL's block. In fact, change BSH to Penetration - which is what defenders try to do, not get blocked in the first place. Then use PMV/FMV to get out of the block just like for pass rushing when the blocker does engage his man.

Also, every LB shouldn't be able to just shoot through gaps. There's a reason why the top LBs do this more often - they can actually read and anticipate, not just read and react. Make AWR show this aspect. I saw a 16 AWR LB do this in one game. 16. Just should not be. That kid (he was a rookie in the last draft) should be very slow in figuring out what's going on.

-Run blocking. Just fix it. The whole logic of who they pick to block and the ability to get on blocks and get in their assigned gaps is insanely bad. Also, do away with this "insta-block shed" crap that happens sometimes when the HB runs past and engaged defender. TEs suck at run blocking, even if they are good blocking TEs.

-Pass blocking. Same thing, guys pick out wierd assignments, don't defend the A-gaps (nano blitzing should not even be an issue because the A gap is always the first gap to worry about), don't actually cut block often enough (HBs and FBs), TEs are borderline useless in pass protections, even if they are good blocking TEs.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #30
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

• Tiered play calling on defense: Defense can't survive with the limited, pre-packaged defensive "plays" in Madden. Maybe folks won't have to audible their way into the schemes they want.

• Engaged player mobility: For example, players engaged in a block should be able to flow towards the play instead of being stuck in the mud until the defender is pancaked or the block is broken.

• Realistic physics & footwork: The timing of the game will always be off until players are forced to use realistic footwork.

• Realistic/accurate defensive assignments: The game can't live without contain and gap assignments.

• Accurate position assignments: Many teams have OLBs that almost always line up on the weak/strong side. Distinctions need to be made for DTs vs NTs as many teams also have strong/weak DTs. I'd also like to see flankers, plit ends & slot receivers instead of left & right.

Related to this, I also want an option to have my defense automatically line up to the strong/weak side of the offense so that my SS, weak/strong OLB & NT always line up on the correct side unless I flip the defense.

• Much better blocking AI: In most cases, o-linemen should be blocking areas, not defensive positions.

• Better & more animations, especially running animations.
Football can't be played without the first 6 fundamental elements. Madden can't be sim until these are addressed.

Last edited by BezO; 01-22-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 18

My personal needs are obviously a good amount different from the likely majority. For myself to purchase Madden 11, I want the following.

- In depth Franchise mode. I'd love to get something comparative to what Head Coach 09 had. I am a franchise gamer only, and I think the current franchise is simply unplayable.

- More team-specific playbooks. Also, like in HC. In HC, each team truly felt different because every playbook had a lot of variation, and they had unique playbooks (Spread, option, etc) as well. While no team has the SAME playbook in Madden, they feel a bit stale and a lot of times it is hard to tell who you are playing.

- The on the field stuff. Better offensive line play, DB play, and sideline logic are the biggest on the field issues I see to this point.

It's asking a lot probably, I'm not asking for perfection either. If Madden 11 can take steps towards this I might consider purchasing. Right now, I don't feel the product justifies spending my money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #32
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
My personal needs are obviously a good amount different from the likely majority. For myself to purchase Madden 11, I want the following.

- In depth Franchise mode. I'd love to get something comparative to what Head Coach 09 had. I am a franchise gamer only, and I think the current franchise is simply unplayable.

- More team-specific playbooks. Also, like in HC. In HC, each team truly felt different because every playbook had a lot of variation, and they had unique playbooks (Spread, option, etc) as well. While no team has the SAME playbook in Madden, they feel a bit stale and a lot of times it is hard to tell who you are playing.

- The on the field stuff. Better offensive line play, DB play, and sideline logic are the biggest on the field issues I see to this point.

It's asking a lot probably, I'm not asking for perfection either. If Madden 11 can take steps towards this I might consider purchasing. Right now, I don't feel the product justifies spending my money.
i agree with the team playbook as it is now if you were playing any team and put them in generic uniform you could not tell the difference between teams.
the whole playbook system needs a overhall
if they addressed that and came up with new plays maybe each teams real playbook from the 09 season and used that it would be coo.l and i know each teams real playbook is huge so lets say each week the playbook for cpu teams changes.

because it drops plays and adds others based on injuries so basically the playbook adapts to it's teams health record or how a team they are about to play is ranked so if i am good at running and about to play chicago the cpu ai will change there playbook run heavy defesively. adaptive playbooks lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »