Home

Super Bowl Stories

This is a discussion on Super Bowl Stories within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4
Super Bowl Stories

I'm in my 4th season as the Cowboys, and finally made it to my first Super Bowl. Usually I sim the first two rounds of the playoffs to decrease my odds of making it every year, and this year I finally got my chance to get another ring. And it was epic.

The Tom Brady/Tom Coughlin led Patriots met my Tony Romo/Jeff Fischer led Cowboys in the Georgia Dome to decide who would be the next World Champion.

The best matchups of the game was going to be Mike Jenkins vs Randy Moss and my star receiver
Spoiler
vs Leigh Bodden.

Well the game started out rough for the Cowboy defense. Moss ended the first drive with 4 catches, but the Pats were denied a touchdown by a suddenly resilient Cowboys defense that stopped them at the 4.

3-0 Patriots. 10 minutes left in the first.

Miles Grimble returned the football to the Dallas 29 and Felix Jones broke off a 67 yard run before getting dragged down from. How a 98 speed half back got taken down by a slower safety FROM behind I'll never understand. But stuff happens. Romo then found Stud Receiver
Spoiler
for the touchdown.

7-3 Cowboys. 8 minutes left in the first.

The next drive Tom Brady was knocked out of the game by Demarcus Ware with a torn rotator cuff. Game over right? Before Tom was destroyed by DWare, the Pats managed to reach the Dallas 40 yard line before the back up (some 59 overall rookie) threw an interception to my 2nd year cornerback
Spoiler

A sweep to the outside ended 3 yard behind the line of scrimmage with Felix Jones injured and carted off the field. The next play Romo was in the shot gun and hit
Spoiler
deep, but had to be carted off the field with a torn hamstring.

With over 3 quarters left to play, 2nd year HB
Spoiler
and 2nd year QB
Spoiler
had the world on their shoulders.

Needless to say, there was no scoring until midway through the 4th quarter. The back up QB,
Spoiler
, could not stay on the field, and was hampered by three separate injuries throughout the game. Unfortunately for Dallas, only two QBs were kept on the roster so the kicker David Beuhler had to come on the field to just hand the ball off to the Rbs. The Pats were run blitzing every down, and 3 quarters pretty much consisted of 3 and outs for both teams.

Finally in the 4th with a score of 7-3 with 6 minutes remaining, the Patriots back up QB finally completed a pass to Randy Moss who stiff armed Mike Jenkins and FS
Spoiler
to take it in for the score.

7-10 Patriots. 5:40 remaining. The back up QB for my Cowboys was back in the game, and suddenly he remembered how to play. Hitting the stud 3rd year receiver (one of two receivers that caught balls in this game for either team) over the middle for a twenty yard gain put the Cowboys into Beuhlers ridiculous field goal range (something like 59 yards with no wind helping him).

Wanting to run the clock after completing the pass, the young HB tandem of the Cowboys (
Spoiler
) began punching the Patriots in the mouth until a fumble forced by Vince Wilfork that bounced 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage forced a 2nd and 15.

Dallas was now on the Pats 30 with 2 minutes remaining. 2nd and 15. A score of 10-7.

2nd down was a run for 9 yards. 3rd and 6.
3rd down was a pass, but no receivers were opened. Saint took off running and was tackled at the first down marker. The chain gang came out and it was a first down.

With 1 minutes left on the clock and 3 timeouts, Dallas was 20 yards away from pay dirt. The only receiver for Dallas in the game had an amazing one handed grab on an in route, broke a tackle and reached the 4 yard line. Time out.

49 seconds. 1st down. 4 yards away.
1st down - Run to the inside. 1 yard gain.
2nd down - Run to the right. 2 yard gain. Time out. 38 seconds.
3rd down - Run to the inside. 1 yard gain. Time out. 3 seconds.
4th down... Dallas could kick the field goal from inches away from the end zone or could try another run. Either way, it would be the last play of regulation.

Offensive Coordinator Brett Favre decided to go for the win.

Both teams in goal line packages, Nate Saint handed the ball to 2nd year power back
Spoiler
who had been acquired by the team in free agency. But this seemed to be the worst time to do it. A rookie center (Gurode was injured) and an aging LG (Flo Adams was moved off the T position) allowed a man named Vince Wilfork and Jerod Mayo to bust thru the line.

With his 99 trucking, the young Dallas HB was not going to leave anything on the field. Somehow managing to slip thru the Wilfork tackle, the young back leaped high in the air and made contact with Mayo.

He landed on the goalline with time expiring. The refs met to make the decision.

TOUCHDOWN! TOUCHDOWN COWBOYS! Dallas wins 14-10 in the last seconds on a nail biter of a play. #6 now belongs to the 'Boys!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »