Home

Player Model Sizes too Small in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Player Model Sizes too Small in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Player Model Sizes too Small in Madden 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Yep, I noticed that about the LT screenshot too. It looks like NCAA 11 has it right to a certain extent (you can see the bicep bulge in the Hurricane screenshot) but everyone in Madden seems to either have noodle arms or undefined tree trunks.

Edit: That's too big of a difference right there. No way LT should look like a 3rd string HS freshman.

Pllayer models in NCAA11 seem to trump MADDEN by quite a bit at this point in development. LT looks, quite frankly, like a 15 yr old carrying the football. Hell...Sanchez looks quite a bit bigger.

Bit off topic maybe but....On the smaller player models...all of them have HUGE feet...really throws the models off and....

In cut sceens (like after a TD) Why are ALL the players the SAME EXACT HEIGHT. Score a TD with Sproles...You will notice in the celebration he is JUST AS TALL as Vincent Jackson and the OL...Weird.

Last edited by SA1NT401; 04-15-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Yep, I noticed that about the LT screenshot too. It looks like NCAA 11 has it right to a certain extent (you can see the bicep bulge in the Hurricane screenshot) but everyone in Madden seems to either have noodle arms or undefined tree trunks.

Edit: That's too big of a difference right there. No way LT should look like a 3rd string HS freshman.

The NCAA picture is how Madden players should look.
Tomlinson looks like a HS junior varsity athlete compared to the NCAA.
I don't know what the Madden guys were thinking when they went with the skinny look. What pisses me off is Tomlinson is one of the biggest RB's in the NFL, if he's that skinny can you imagine how small Chris Johnson is.

Last edited by bxgoods; 04-15-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #51
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
The NCAA picture is how Madden players should look.
Tomlinson looks like a HS junior varsity athlete compared to the NCAA.
I don't know what the Madden guys were thinking when they went with the skinny look. What pisses me off is Tomlinson is one of the biggest RB's in the NFL, if he's that skinny can you imagine how small Chris Johnson is.
Ummm... huh?? What do you mean by biggest?

He's 5'10 and about 215-220lbs. I get your point though.

Tomlinson is definitely not as skinny as he is in that screenshot, but he is a fairly slender back though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #52
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Madden's player models have long been messed up. Even before the current gen consoles. They have never been as realistically proportioned as some other games have made them.

This is more of an EA thing than just a Madden thing as the player models on most of their sports titles have always had serious issues. That NCAA pic though looks extraordinary, especially for EA, and I can only hope that we will be blessed with something that good looking in Madden 11, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

As far as the field being too big or too small, I think it comes more down to an illusion of the camera angle. The player models though, are no illusion lol.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Ummm... huh?? What do you mean by biggest?

He's 5'10 and about 215-220lbs. I get your point though.

Tomlinson is definitely not as skinny as he is in that screenshot, but he is a fairly slender back though.
Tomlinson is stout, he has a lot of muscle mass.
His body looks more like the NCAA model than the Madden version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LaDainianTomlinson1a.jpg (42.6 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg 1270772179-media.jpg (65.3 KB, 82 views)
Old 04-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #54
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Tomlinson is stout, he has a lot of muscle mass.
His body looks more like the NCAA model than the Madden version.
First off, he's wearing some serious equipment to protect his ribs which adds more apparent stoutness.

Second. I agree that the Madden screenshot has him too skinny. I said as much in my original post. I'm just saying that in general, I would not consider Tomlinson to be one of the biggest backs in the NFL. 5'10" and 215-220 is not huge by any stretch. He is also much smaller than the RB, Shonn Greene, with whom he will share carries (Greene is about 5'10" 240 if I'm not mistaken). Hell, even Reggie Bush is about 210 lol.

Last edited by Only1LT; 04-15-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
First off, he's wearing some serious equipment to protect his ribs which adds more apparent stoutness.

Second. I agree that the Madden screenshot has him too skinny. I said as much in my original post. I'm just saying that in general, I would not consider Tomlinson to be one of the biggest backs in the NFL. 5'10" and 215-220 is not huge by any stretch. He is also much smaller than the RB, Shonn Greene, with whom he will share carries (Greene is about 5'10" 240 if I'm not mistaken). Hell, even Reggie Bush is about 210 lol.
I don't even have much problem with the equipment in Madden, it is what it is. I just have a issue with the player's arms and legs looking like sticks. There isn't a lot of muscle definition compared to 2k sports or Sony games.
EA sport game's players in general look pretty skinny, that was the same problem in Live. NCAA 11 looks to be breaking the trend though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #56
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
I don't even have much problem with the equipment in Madden, it is what it is. I just have a issue with the player's arms and legs looking like sticks. There isn't a lot of muscle definition compared to 2k sports or Sony games.
EA sport game's players in general look pretty skinny, that was the same problem in Live. NCAA 11 looks to be breaking the trend though.
Totally agree. Like I said earlier, it isn't just a Madden thing though, it's an EA thing. NCAA does seem to be making strides in the player model dept. I can only hope that Madden follows suit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »