Home

anyone disapointed about the Madden Halftime blog?

This is a discussion on anyone disapointed about the Madden Halftime blog? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #81
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: anyone disapointed about the Madden Halftime blog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
OK, Roadman and all the others that said it was too early to be disappointed, is it ok to say that the blog was useless now. I knew it was gonna be a waste of time. The EA marketing department never learns. What was the point of that? Nothing. A waste of time...........like I said it would be. Counter productive ...........like I said it would be. Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens in March when the real info begins. SMFH. I can't believe I still looked at this and I knew it was gonna be useless. I just wasted 8:05 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. Oh well, I can't wait until mid march when the real info comes down.
Ummmm, no. If your expectations were low, why would you watch the video and waste 8 minutes of your life.

Still too early to be disappointed in my book, but if you want to jump on that bandwagon and the I told you so's based on that blog, you can start now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 12

I wasn't expecting anything from the blog. I learned my lesson from Madden 10: it's best not to have any expectations what so ever .
Old 02-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 17

Ian, great job on introducing us to the team, its really nice to see and know a little more about the faces behind the game.

I have always felt that 2K Football captured the essence of realism of the sport moreso than Madden over the years but last year's game (Madden 10) certainly closed the gap and Im sure many of you guys can honestly appreciate what 2K had accomplished from a authenticity and gameplay perspective.

Ian, if I were in your position and had to sit down in the war room with all my designers and programmers at the kickoff meeting to start discussing what Madden still needs to do to become the ultimate football game, I think I would focus on these things first:

-Adding more of an organic feel to the results and animations that result on the field.
The game still suffers from that deja vu, I know exactly whats going to happen on this play feel. Regardless of the team, you use, the game will become of a victim of exactly the same animations occuring in exactly the same situations at times almost as if the game is designed in such a way to do this, if the player does this.

Some examples are the way the safties converge on a reciever and the CB to cause that same exact deflection breakup play.

The way a reciever will recieve that same exact upending summersault hit over the middle on a crossing route to jar the ball loose the same way.

The way that LB will outstretch to tip that pass over the middle on a short post route

The way the blitzing DT or DE just breaks free almost pre programmed to apply immediate bitz pressure and force that iconic short bad throw on a 3rd down situation

Etc, ect......There's just too much of this preprogrammed, prescripted look and feel to the animations and gameplay situations too often that makes each game feel like a carbon copy of each other game. It's been improved somewhat in 2010 but its still feels like its not a completely organic and dynamic experience from game to game and team to team.

I think we need the game to show off more of the subtle relationships between the different ratings and skills of players rather than just lumping like players in the same animation results pool. For example, I'd like to see more of a difference in visual but also the strategies and performance strengths and weaknesses of a Randy Moss and a Larry Fitzgerald and a Andre Johnson. They all play, move and feel too still too similar.

I think the realationships and priorities between the motion capturing animations, player controls, physics and ratings needs to be reworked to yield this more dynamic and organic feel.

The suspension of belief really is lost when you have the game yield that same shoulder pad crunching sound on every play, even when a player gets tripped up by the ankles! (which btw happens way too often as well)

I think the fans want to see more of an evolutionary step in this game that utilizes a more physics based results engine that gives us more of an overall dynamic and varied gameplay experience not just visually and audibly.... but also strategically.

I'd like to see the AI act more human and require more realistic planning to beat. I'd like to see players make human mistakes and slip and blow coverages, miss routes from time to time. I'd like to know that I may have rattled a cornerbacks composure and now I can pick on his side.

I love Madden but I think these are some of the main things that are holding the game back from greatness. All those new back of the cover features are fine for sales bullet items and window dressing, but its the engine of the gameplay that really needs more focus to advance this series to that next level.

tapping rapidly for fumble possessions, and watching generic chain gangs come out very few downs, or buying Throwing Power Up bonuses from your website isnt what does it for me...and Im sure many other true Madden fans?
Old 02-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #84
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
^^ Not worth quoting that post, but if you didn't want to "waste 8:05 you won't get back"....why not just look on here and see what people said about it?

Seems logical to me. Don't buy into the FEBRUARY hype cog and get upset because it didn't give you your unrealistic expectations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ummmm, no. If your expectations were low, why would you watch the video and waste 8 minutes of your life.

Still too early to be disappointed in my book, but if you want to jump on that bandwagon and the I told you so's based on that blog, you can start now.
Aww C'mon guys, you know I wasn't upset. I need to find a way to use different words so people don't think I'm upset all the time when I post lol. When I was saying I'm disappointed I'm talking about the blog, not the game. I don't know anything about the game yet lol. I will say this though, you guys are doing a real good job of investigating what's on that white board, but, like someone else said, I've learned not to believe anything will be in madden until it's actually in the game. But back to my original point, I'm not upset nor was I upset after I saw the vid. I didn't like the vid, but I wasn't upset.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #85
Banned

OVR: 19

If you have no expectations you will never be disapointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #86
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
If you have no expectations you will never be disapointed.
exactly! i always set my expectations very low for this game (and blogs), i know they have a lot of work to do to get it solid for the next gen consols and don't expect it done in 5 years...oh, well..damn, 5 years already?

no it wasn't anything informative, ian even said it wasn't gonna be. guess it was cool to just let you all know who works on the game and have much love for the franchise too. mark still bothers me though.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #87
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Ian, great job on introducing us to the team, its really nice to see and know a little more about the faces behind the game.

I have always felt that 2K Football captured the essence of realism of the sport moreso than Madden over the years but last year's game (Madden 10) certainly closed the gap and Im sure many of you guys can honestly appreciate what 2K had accomplished from a authenticity and gameplay perspective.

Ian, if I were in your position and had to sit down in the war room with all my designers and programmers at the kickoff meeting to start discussing what Madden still needs to do to become the ultimate football game, I think I would focus on these things first:

-Adding more of an organic feel to the results and animations that result on the field.
The game still suffers from that deja vu, I know exactly whats going to happen on this play feel. Regardless of the team, you use, the game will become of a victim of exactly the same animations occuring in exactly the same situations at times almost as if the game is designed in such a way to do this, if the player does this.

Some examples are the way the safties converge on a reciever and the CB to cause that same exact deflection breakup play.

The way a reciever will recieve that same exact upending summersault hit over the middle on a crossing route to jar the ball loose the same way.

The way that LB will outstretch to tip that pass over the middle on a short post route

The way the blitzing DT or DE just breaks free almost pre programmed to apply immediate bitz pressure and force that iconic short bad throw on a 3rd down situation

Etc, ect......There's just too much of this preprogrammed, prescripted look and feel to the animations and gameplay situations too often that makes each game feel like a carbon copy of each other game. It's been improved somewhat in 2010 but its still feels like its not a completely organic and dynamic experience from game to game and team to team.

I think we need the game to show off more of the subtle relationships between the different ratings and skills of players rather than just lumping like players in the same animation results pool. For example, I'd like to see more of a difference in visual but also the strategies and performance strengths and weaknesses of a Randy Moss and a Larry Fitzgerald and a Andre Johnson. They all play, move and feel too still too similar.

I think the realationships and priorities between the motion capturing animations, player controls, physics and ratings needs to be reworked to yield this more dynamic and organic feel.

The suspension of belief really is lost when you have the game yield that same shoulder pad crunching sound on every play, even when a player gets tripped up by the ankles! (which btw happens way too often as well)

I think the fans want to see more of an evolutionary step in this game that utilizes a more physics based results engine that gives us more of an overall dynamic and varied gameplay experience not just visually and audibly.... but also strategically.

I'd like to see the AI act more human and require more realistic planning to beat. I'd like to see players make human mistakes and slip and blow coverages, miss routes from time to time. I'd like to know that I may have rattled a cornerbacks composure and now I can pick on his side.

I love Madden but I think these are some of the main things that are holding the game back from greatness. All those new back of the cover features are fine for sales bullet items and window dressing, but its the engine of the gameplay that really needs more focus to advance this series to that next level.

tapping rapidly for fumble possessions, and watching generic chain gangs come out very few downs, or buying Throwing Power Up bonuses from your website isnt what does it for me...and Im sure many other true Madden fans?
post of the year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »