Home

The Main Problem with QB's in Madden

This is a discussion on The Main Problem with QB's in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
The Main Problem with QB's in Madden

The biggest problem I have in Madden is play from the QB.

Curtis Painter or Peyton Manning, it really doesn't make a difference to the skilled Madden player. Putting up 300 yards and dropping balls into tight windows isn't too much more difficult with Painter as opposed to Manning. (My week 2/2012 opponent in our chise proved that again to me after trading Manning in season one. Or my wildcard chargers opponent who lost Rivers for the playoffs in week 17, plugged in Charlie Whitehurst and hit 90% of his throws making things look too easy)

I can do it myself and many skilled players can do this as well.

I don't deny there isn't a difference, but there's something that could be fixed that would truly make a difference (not all that hard to implement either)...but it would take an adjustment from the Madden players.

My suggestion is to have DIFFERENT CAMERA ANGLES dependant upon the skill (I'm guessing Awareness rating?) of the QB.

From the traditional bird's eye view in Madden, a skilled player can instantly pick up the blitz no matter where it's coming from (including blind side) and keep an eye on most if not all of his targets......all this at the same time.

Now in real life, Manning or Brady seem to be able to do this. But a scrub like Painter? or Jason Campbell? or Ryan Fitzpatrick? No, they don't. They don't always find the open guys as easily and tend to dump it off more often or just force something that isn't there.

So, for the elite QB's leave the camera view as is.

As the rating dips, have the user play from a more lowered camera. Making it harder to see through the traffic and finding the open receivers or blitzing defenders.

Now looking around from the lowered view would be more challenging and moving your view during the play (using the right stick, might as well scrap the QB avoidance as I don't know many that use it and this would be much more useful).

Yes using the right stick to see would cause an extra second to find your receiver before you throw, but isnt' that more sim? Isn't getting to the QB harder than it should be (without nano's etc) to begin with? This helps in other areas too.

I dunno, it makes complete sense to me and has always been my issue with Madden. It makes the game far to easy for those that have been playing it for years to dump off where the defence blitzes no matter the skill of my QB.

Imagine getting hit from the blind side without even seeing the rusher!! That would be cool.

All in all, you want to make Madden be more realisitic or sim for the players, stop giving me a god view that real players just don't have. It's killed this game for too long and needs to stop.

You don't have to remove the traditional view, just give us this kind of option and I'd be certain the difference made would do wonders for the game.

Last edited by killgod; 02-04-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The Main Problem with QB's in Madden

i like this idea, prolly cuz i was a fan of qb vision. but the problem is, even if ther is an option, ppl dnt like change and will not accept it (qb vision was not accepted even tho u cud turn it off). also how cud u use that during multiplayer? those r the arguments ppl will have. i like it, but im sry, it wont be accepted by ppl around here
Old 02-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
i like this idea, prolly cuz i was a fan of qb vision. but the problem is, even if ther is an option, ppl dnt like change and will not accept it (qb vision was not accepted even tho u cud turn it off). also how cud u use that during multiplayer? those r the arguments ppl will have. i like it, but im sry, it wont be accepted by ppl around here
Multiplayer offline this wouldn't work, you'd have to use traditional. No big deal.

Multiplayer online, the opponents don't need to share what they are looking at.

I also believe we are due to play defence from the defensive side of the ball.

Am I the only one tired of the concept that as a LB you can see the backfield in plain view? It's utterly absurd and makes it far to easy to hit the gaps when stopping the run or reading PA.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I like the idea from a QB perspective, it would really add a level of difficulty we haven't seen before. This would also make slider adjustment easier so you wouldn't have to drop QB accuracy almost to 0 (and risk ridiculous passes Manning or Brady never make). Great idea, I'm all for it. Also I was a fan of QB vision too, make it an option, people don't like it, they don't have to use it.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

they need to put back qb vision back into the gm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

You spoke of passing windows, but personally I can't hit tight windows like I can in APF2K8. In APF2K8 I can hit over the shoulder, or fire it short and know if I'm pulling it back, or hit them perfectly in stride, or even lob it two different ways, one where the angle is more gradual or another where it's closer to a 90 degree angle when it hits his hands.

I don't feel like I have any control over the passing in Madden other than to determine whether it's a bullet or a lob. Other than that, it feels as though the CPU determines the accuracy, not me.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
You spoke of passing windows, but personally I can't hit tight windows like I can in APF2K8. In APF2K8 I can hit over the shoulder, or fire it short and know if I'm pulling it back, or hit them perfectly in stride, or even lob it two different ways, one where the angle is more gradual or another where it's closer to a 90 degree angle when it hits his hands.

I don't feel like I have any control over the passing in Madden other than to determine whether it's a bullet or a lob. Other than that, it feels as though the CPU determines the accuracy, not me.

You should hit the practice sessions and work on placing the ball where you want.

Run the same routes over and over against no defence and try different things, you'll be surprised if all you are doing now is just a lob or bullet.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #8
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by killgod
You should hit the practice sessions and work on placing the ball where you want.

Run the same routes over and over against no defence and try different things, you'll be surprised if all you are doing now is just a lob or bullet.
I think I was on par with the best passers in APF2K8, with regards to reading coverage and passing. I've played enough games now in Madden that I should have figured it out if I were going to figure it out. Right now the accuracy ratings have more control over the location of the throw than I do, and you're going to have a hard time convincing me other wise without some step by step walk throughs and explanations. Hitting the practice field ain't gonna cut it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »