Home

Madden NFL 11 Video Blog is Live, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video Blog is Live, Post Your Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #73
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video Blog is Live, Post Your Impressions Here

as I thought...meh, but its to be expected

lol, Manning Unstoppable

The 1st info blog better be titled

Physics !! Physics !! Physics!!!!!!!!!

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 02-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #74
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Isn't that Turmell's board, too?
I believe so, yes. I'm a bit confused by the titles. Doesn't it seem like Ian and Mark's job titles are a bit too similar in what they describe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
It looks like they are talking about crowd specific chants...at the top it says, Go Pack Go, and Fly Eagles Fly, etc.. So maybe those will be in the game after all?
It also mentions Hail to the 'Skins which, iirc, is a fight song, not a crowd chant. Perhaps we could see Skol Vikings as well, and other team fight songs playing as part of the game intros.

I'd love to see them really go all out on the in-stadium atmosphere. If the crowd and announcers are good enough, it doesn't matter how bad Hammond is. I can shut him off and go with on-the-field/in-the-stands kind of presentation and I'll be fine with that. I'd rather be in the stadium than at home watching the game anyways.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #75
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Out of curiosity, to the Physics Physics Physics people (TORA! TORA! TORA!), what's more important too you... on-the-fly real time tackles and the like, or a highly realistic simulation of NFL football?

I guess what I'm saying is this: Lets assume for the moment that Backbreaker is a great game, but fundamentally different from the sim that Madden is going for. Lets also say that Madden does nothing with tackling physics, but produces a realistic locomotion system and creates a very realistic representation of NFL football... one that we can pretty much agree is the best "sim" of all time.

Assume even that somehow Backbreaker produces a team creation engine that allows us to completely recreate the NFL.

Now, does the real time nature of Backbreaker trump Madden's realism in that scenario?

This is an honest question, not a bait, I'm really curious, because it does seem like a lot of people are putting all their eggs into the contact physics basket.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 6

I see on the whiteboard under the team specific crowd chants:

Jungle? Crazy?

Hopefully that means Welcome to the Jungle and Crazy Train for stadium music during the game. Don't forget Hell's Bells EA.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:40 PM   #77
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Those boards were all planted guys. Half of what there is pure !@#$ and the other half is there to tease.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #78
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Out of curiosity, to the Physics Physics Physics people (TORA! TORA! TORA!), what's more important too you... on-the-fly real time tackles and the like, or a highly realistic simulation of NFL football?

I guess what I'm saying is this: Lets assume for the moment that Backbreaker is a great game, but fundamentally different from the sim that Madden is going for. Lets also say that Madden does nothing with tackling physics, but produces a realistic locomotion system and creates a very realistic representation of NFL football... one that we can pretty much agree is the best "sim" of all time.

Assume even that somehow Backbreaker produces a team creation engine that allows us to completely recreate the NFL.

Now, does the real time nature of Backbreaker trump Madden's realism in that scenario?

This is an honest question, not a bait, I'm really curious, because it does seem like a lot of people are putting all their eggs into the contact physics basket.
I don't know about the Backbreaker type tackles, but that Insta-turn crap has got to go along with LB's reacting to the ball and jumping 5 ft. in the air. Likewise leverage needs to be represented on the OL/DL.

Madden looks very video-gamish as a result of these issues and imo it's not inconceivable that it effects public perception/sales.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 02-07-2010, 11:42 PM   #79
Pro

Senor_Herbatron's Arena

OVR: 21

Just make the NFL version of MLB the Show and we'll all be happy.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 24

Those whiteboards remind me of last year when someone posted an extremely blurry background screen of M10. Everyone was "trying" to see what it looked like. (I think I see ______! Cool!!)

Hafta wait till March/April for any real info......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »