Home

My QB fell off a cliff

This is a discussion on My QB fell off a cliff within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #9
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: My QB fell off a cliff

Was he playing injured? If so, then his ratings would have taken a hit.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #10
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Just a suggestion maybe a coaching change is what caused it...who knows
Old 02-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sit him for a game and see if it is a one player issue or an AI glitch. I thought injury, at first, that might have had an affect on his ratings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Does this happen with all your QBs or just him? If it's just him, maybe it's time for him to go

Sounds like Jake Delhomme. Once a Super Bowl QB, now a hilarious joke of one.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylezgwhite
I drafted Tristen Riley. Late in the draft, at least 4th round. The first 4 years of his career were great. At least 30 TDs and his INTs were below 13 in every season. So I have won 2 super bowls in a row, and I am appearing in #3 in a row. Riley has 99 Short, Medium and Deep accuracy.

In the superbowl I went 3/17 passing! All 3 completions were screen passes. 2 HB screens, and 1 WR screen. He could not complete ANY pass. I'm talkin a 5 yard RB hitch in the middle of the field wide open uncontested and he throws it 5 yards to the right or left! He was missing EVERY throw by at least 5 yards. If it was a streak down the sideline the ball would be thrown either way out of bounds or right down the middle where the FS could INT it. If it was a crossing route it would be 5 yards ahead of the guy. One time I threw a slant to my slot WR on the left side, and the ball hit the reciever I had on the other side of the field doing a slant!

These throws were not the result from pressure, either. Maybe 1 or 2 of the incompletions but most were throws from the pocket with my feet set. At first I thought it was a controller issue but It happened with both controllers. So....I'm stumped. Anyone else run into this problem?
Had the same thing happen to me. I think it must be a bug. I had a 97 overall QB that was a stud, then all of a sudden in one game he couldn't get the ball within 5 yards of anybody. Even on HB screens or short throws the ball would go somewhere completely opposite of where it should have gone. I would try to lead a receiver coming across the middle and the throw would go the other way instead. Or it would sail waaay over my receivers head. He wasn't injured, no coaching changes, no playbook changes, no settings changed. I also though it was my controller, but I changed it and still couldn't come close to completing a pass. Next game, exact same thing. It was so weird, I mean he literally overthrew every pass by about 5-10 yards no matter how difficult it was. If I remember correctly I simmed a few games and tried again and it was fixed. I don't know what made it happen, but I don't think it's supposed to be there.

Last edited by thmst30; 02-08-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Does this happen with all your QBs or just him? If it's just him, maybe it's time for him to go

Sounds like Jake Delhomme. Once a Super Bowl QB, now a hilarious joke of one.
I'm gonna have to trade him if it keeps up. The bad part is he is on his rookie deal only making a couple mil. I was getting fantastic cap value out of him. I haven't made any coaching changes, I've been rolling with Jeff Fisher as HC and Favre as O-cord the past 2-3 years.

Could the problem be Brett Favre? haha that would be great if I fire Brett and then Riley takes off again.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

Maybe you just started to suck at playing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wow, that sucks.

Hopefully it doesn't happen to my 96ovr qb going into his 5th year..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »