Home

Changing teams to computer controlled

This is a discussion on Changing teams to computer controlled within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Changing teams to computer controlled

I am in season 3 of my offline franchise and I am not sure how I can change all the teams, other than my Browns, back to computer controlled. I started my franchise with all 32 controlled human teams, but it becomes a huge pain when the draft comes around and week to week operations. I just want to be able to control all the functions of my one team and let the computer take care of the other 31 teams. Is this possible? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
Rookie

Vizen's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Changing teams to computer controlled

Other than setting all options to cpu in the franchise options settings and simming the offseason tasks and draft picks, there is nothing that can change selecting all 32 teams...
Old 02-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have changed everything back to CPU, except for Cleveland, but I still get prompted to make decisions for other teams like drafting players, adjusting the roster, etc. I also get no trades.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #4
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Yup. Madden is fundamentally broken in this aspect. You have to sim free agency and the draft in order for it to not be monumentally time consuming.
It's pretty irritating since it is actually a step back from previous games. (Where you could also switch teams during franchise mode)

What I do (since you have to control all 32 teams just to get the coaches using the correct defenses) is get all the players I want in free agency and make sure you make them an offer they can't refuse, then sim the first day. Hopefully they sign, then get of the FA screen and sim it from the off-season menu. That gets you what you want and allows the computer to sim the rest without you having to OK/Deny every single signing.

Then for the draft, I sim each pick until I make my first round pick, then just sim the whole thing. This does two things: Makes sure you get at least on good player each draft (as you should know who is good in either your imported draft classes or the pre made classes by now) and keeps balance in the game by drafting six other sucky players for you every year.

That seems to be the best way to handle it if you have to control all 32 teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »