Home

I was afraid this would happen.

This is a discussion on I was afraid this would happen. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #9
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: I was afraid this would happen.

Oh almost forgot.Yeah it's happened to me.I am always trying to find NEW ways for me to play Madden each year to keep me interested.I love football.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like the idea of some of those roles. What I don't like are the negative bonuses to the other team. Lets use the Deep threat. If I know the other team has a deep threat I would put my fastest corner on him. That corner is used on that matchup because of speed. That corner shouldn't lose a step because of it.

I must of skipped that year of Madden because I don't remember any of those player roles. How were they assigned? Did the computer assign them once you triggered the stats needed?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylezgwhite
I like the idea of some of those roles. What I don't like are the negative bonuses to the other team. Lets use the Deep threat. If I know the other team has a deep threat I would put my fastest corner on him. That corner is used on that matchup because of speed. That corner shouldn't lose a step because of it.

I must of skipped that year of Madden because I don't remember any of those player roles. How were they assigned? Did the computer assign them once you triggered the stats needed?
yea it wasn't a perfect system, and each player could only be 2 roles (which was lame). I always used the Falcons, so lets take Mike Vick for example.

He starts out as a project player and a 1st Round draft pick. But i want him to be my Franchise QB and offensive play maker. But after a full season, he is now labeled a starter, and lets assume his overall went up he loses his project player role and its replaced w/ starter. Then after so many years, he becomes a fan favorite and loses his 1st round draft pick role. And I'm stuck with that.

Some things like fan favorite and starter roles were interfering with what you actually wanted, but morale also played a small role in the franchise. If those same roles were applied this year, another example, Desean Jackson would be a deep threat and a 1st round draft pick. But after so many years, he would lose those roles and get things like NFL icon, fan favorite, or starter.

But having a mentor on the team gave u a small reason to keep aging players, or even start them even when they had very healthy young competition. It almost required strategy in the off-season and through free agency. That's when everybody wanted Dante Hall lol

It was a flawed system, but i believe if they improved upon it that Madden will be better. Adding player roles and removing the Overall attribute would add a considerable amount of enjoyment to Madden. They also need to work on progressing/regressing the Awareness attribute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylezgwhite
Also, I never really agreed with the negative bonuses to the other team....I think that's why some people would argue against the roles.. But if u think about that specific role, it really makes sense. Slower defenders give the faster WRs cushions so they don't get beat deep. I guess they look at the -1 speed as the extra step the fast WR would have in real life. And it only takes affect in man coverage, so if it was zone there would be nothing lost.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

In regards to the player roles in this years madden, does making someone team captain do anything?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

Didn't happen to me yet. Granted, my interest in playing right now has waned somewhat now that the NFL is over.But I still play and don't get bored. In fact, I'm starting year two of my Browns franchise. Just finished a 2-2 preseason, and my first game is hosting the Schmucks-----err, the Bucs.

If I wanted a real deep franchise, I'd have bought Head Coach.

But I like M10, it's a huge improvement over previous installments. JMO......
Old 02-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 36

I<3 player roles.

It gives character.

Plus, bring back the TRADE ME! and franchise/pro bowl player symbols.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #16
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007

This what they had in Madden 07 i believe. sorry if it takes up a lot of room
WHY WOULD THEY GET RID OF THIS. This was the best thing they ever did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »