Home

I've been a year behind..

This is a discussion on I've been a year behind.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2010, 03:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I've been a year behind..

I have been playing Madden 09 since early 2009 and have been playing it ever since, but I didn't have enough money in my pocket at the time Madden 10 came out so I never bought it...but now that I have the money I'm wondering if I should buy Madden 10 which is still $50+ used for wait until Madden 11 because I will only have Madden 10 for 6 months before the next game.

What should I do?? Madden 10 really worth it? I played my friends a couple times and I love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
Rookie

nolan887's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I've been a year behind..

if you are fine with older rosters, just wait for madden 11.

also, you can get used games for cheaper at half.com (madden 10 is going for $30 + shipping right now).
Old 02-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Do you play on ps3 or Xbox360? I have a "like new" ps3 copy I can sell you cheap.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Is Madden 10 "worth it?" I'd say yes. I don't love Madden 10, but it is so much better than 09 that it was "worth it" to me. That doesn't mean it doesn't have it's problems.

Do you play online [does anyone play 09 online anymore?] or do you play offline/offline franchise mode? If you find yourself playing against the computer, you'll enjoy this game a lot more than 09 I can promise you that.

I think everyone [yes, even the Madden haters and EA bashers] agrees that M10 is far better than 09. It's just that Madden haters and EA Bashers still don't like the game, however, that's a whole other point.

If you can get a copy on the cheep, then I'd say do it.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wait for Madden NFL 11, man. That way, even if it isn't a big upgrade over 10 (past titles in this series give me no reason to think otherwise), it may feel a lot fresher for you since you would have missed out on Madden NFL 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Unless you need to play a football game, I would wait for Madden 11. Madden 10 is very close to being great, but it falls short imo. I still play it occasionally and have fun with it.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

$50+ used? I just hopped on ebay and you can get it for 20 bucks easy (and possibly as cheap as 10 bucks)
Old 02-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Maybe just buy Backbreaker in the meantime. Im hoping it won't sell for the full $60. That way (IF indeed Backbreaker costs less), you can save up for Madden 11 along with the money you save on buying Backbreaker...

That being said, if Backbreaker does sell for $60, just wait for Madden 11 I'd say. It will improve (even just a little) and it's more fun to play a game during the actual NFL season in my experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »