Home

Intercept/Bat Pass/Hands Up/Swat Ball Innovation

This is a discussion on Intercept/Bat Pass/Hands Up/Swat Ball Innovation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #9
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Intercept/Bat Pass/Hands Up/Swat Ball Innovation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I use the left bumper all the time. Can't agree with taking that away only for the reason that some think "practically nobody uses it".

Well your probably in that rare 10% of ppl that use it...cause i guarantee 90% of the other Madden gamers don't use it
Old 02-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

i use left bumper most of the time, unless it looks like an easy pick
Old 02-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 55

I just don't agree with the logic. Think: people don't use the "throw away" button or "cover ball up" very much at all. Should those be removed? No. They serve a game balancing purpose.

Ball swat serves the purpose as a low risk way to defend the pass and to simultaneously/intuitively strip the ball out of the WR's hands if he gets them on the ball.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #12
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

man i use both buttons i only use the strafe when my safety or cb is gettin burnt to get into position to swat or intercept. and the coverup is habit from playing 09
Old 02-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 55

It's not Madden's job to remove unpopular buttons. Their job is to make a balanced game. If users choose to not take advantage of those buttons when they are most appropriate, consequences will ensue... just like real football.

Don't you want to decide if your DB goes for an INT or makes a safe play in just knocking the ball down? I sure do!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 02-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #14
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
It's not Madden's job to remove unpopular buttons. Their job is to make a balanced game. If users choose to not take advantage of those buttons when they are most appropriate, consequences will ensue... just like real football.

Don't you want to decide if your DB goes for an INT or makes a safe play in just knocking the ball down? I sure do!

I'm not saying remove the "unpopular button" I'm saying add it to the others and randomize it...if they install this to where it's a situational/positional basis then I believe everyone would be fine with this idea...not to mention as of now WR's have no way to go get a ball like the DB's (strafe)...this whole idea was based on making attacking a ball even on both sides from a animation standpoint...if you don't know how to RC in Madden 10 then going down the field is basically useless...why???b/c DB's can eat up every deep ball with ease...a lot of ppl play zone/zone blitz strictly...w/press coverage on top of that...and the way these DB's press coverage animations are if you can't RC your toast and if you don't run some trips or stack formations your done...and I know there will be reason for why this shouldn't be done but IMO it gives a equal balance for the WR and DB interaction...another way to go for equal interaction is just add the strafe to the offensive side of the ball...also a previous poster said "just remove the strafe from the defense" that would work too...either of these ideas causes equal WR/DB interaction any could be installed and I hope one will be...sooner rather than later
Old 02-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
Well your probably in that rare 10% of ppl that use it...cause i guarantee 90% of the other Madden gamers don't use it
I use it all the time. Its perfect for zone coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
not to mention as of now WR's have no way to go get a ball like the DB's (strafe)...this whole idea was based on making attacking a ball even on both sides from a animation standpoint...if you don't know how to RC in Madden 10 then going down the field is basically useless...why???b/c DB's can eat up every deep ball with ease...
If the defender plays with realistic aggression/options for playmaking, and the WR doesn't - give the WR more options and more aggression without having to use a glitch/exploit to make a play on the ball.

I guess I just see the problem with WR/DB interaction is that WR don't try to dictate anything at the line (don't beat the press often enough, especially if they are supposed to be good at that or the DB sucks at it) and don't attack the ball/be assertive enough in trying to make the catch.

Last edited by KBLover; 02-16-2010 at 10:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »