Home

Two Important Things Needed in Madden 11

This is a discussion on Two Important Things Needed in Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Two Important Things Needed in Madden 11

Blind spot would be cool.

But it couldf be argued that most QB's have an internal clock
Old 02-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #10
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

no, u dont need to redo any camera angles. as it is right now, the spu has an unfair advantage. the cpu can read the defense, find open receivers, move around the pocket to open spots, AND evade defenders..thats an unfair advantage. if a defender comes close the cpu quickly gets rid of thhe ball, even off his back foot, making a perfect pass. users cant do all that, this idea evens the playing ground..
Old 02-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #11
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

u guys arent understanding what im trying to say. right now the cpu has an unfair advantage, it can do evrything at once without much natural reaction time. the only advantage users have is having the controller rumble when ther is pressure. but then again, the cpu can do the same. by making the cpu react the same way tht we do, tht evens the playing ground. and the time clock thing i said b4. the more awr the cpu qb has the better he is able to evade the defenders. the more awr the qb has the more rumble the users controller will have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2010, 09:45 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
right now the cpu has an unfair advantage,
So giving the human an unfair advantage is better? I like the idea, I just don't see how it could be implemented without changing camera angles.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
no, u dont need to redo any camera angles. as it is right now, the spu has an unfair advantage. the cpu can read the defense, find open receivers, move around the pocket to open spots, AND evade defenders..thats an unfair advantage. if a defender comes close the cpu quickly gets rid of thhe ball, even off his back foot, making a perfect pass. users cant do all that, this idea evens the playing ground..
you can't do all that? it's really not that hard.

1. pick a play and remember all your receiver's routes
  2. call hut
  3. while the QB is doing his drop, scan the defense to see whats happening (zone, zone blitz, man coverage, blitzing lbs, safety help, blitzing DBs)
  4. check your O-line to see if they are winning the one-on-ones, spot the unengaged blocker...thats where u move in the pocket
  5. you should expect 2 receivers to be open if u did all your checks right
Madden has been the same for how many years now? Playing like a robo-QB should be second nature if you've been playing long enough. They even helped by adding the rumble feature lol
Old 02-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #14
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

i didnt say i cant do it. im very good at madden. im talking about the cpu qb.. i can make my reads.. on defense though, the cpu is able to do all that without having to remember where ur receivers r, what defense im running, and who is rushing. i play on custom. its higher than allmadden. defending the pass isnt easy when the cpu knows everything. jamarcus russell makes his reads and rarely throws bad passes on my settings..but if i lower it then i pick off every pass..no solution other than to make the cpu more human..
Old 02-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 9

2K5 & All-Pro gave the capability to put up some beautiful goalline lob passes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2010, 11:10 PM   #16
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
i didnt say i cant do it. im very good at madden. im talking about the cpu qb.. i can make my reads.. on defense though, the cpu is able to do all that without having to remember where ur receivers r, what defense im running, and who is rushing. i play on custom. its higher than allmadden. defending the pass isnt easy when the cpu knows everything. jamarcus russell makes his reads and rarely throws bad passes on my settings..but if i lower it then i pick off every pass..no solution other than to make the cpu more human..

I see exactly what you're saying and idk why those other guys don't understand. You are completely right that the computer knows everything and its because the game controls where the players go, how they move, all animations, and even what play the user picks because its all stored in the game. So since the AI is controlling 21 of the 22 players on the field it basically knows where everyone is so it can react much faster than the human player. Having some sort of QB blindside or internal clock for AI controlled QBs would eliminate the problem of the computer being psychic about knowing where the rushers are coming from, particularly pass rushers the QB isn't looking at. I agree it should be tied to the AWR of the QBs since better ones like Manning and Brady have excellent pocket awareness, while lesser ones don't have that kind of instinct.

And the fade route is also a much needed addition for a few years now. Let the WR at least jump for the ball I'd be happy with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »