Home

Longest FG by Computer to win the Game

This is a discussion on Longest FG by Computer to win the Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25
Angry Longest FG by Computer to win the Game

I just played an Ultimate Team Game against the Rams. I wore my Cardinals jerseys, so I guess I was in a Rivalry game. I was losing by 11 heading into the 4th qtr. I kicked a FG to make the score 21-13 Rams.
I stopped them on there drive. I got the ball back. I went for it on 4th down and incomplete pass. I stopped them again with 2 minutes remaining. I drive the field and score. I make the 2 pt. conv. Now, we're headed to overtime.
They win the toss. I stop them. They stop me. I get them to 4th down, I think they are going to punt....but no,they try a 58 yrd. FG into the 1 MPH wind and hits it just inside the right upright! Come On! Does anyone else have any stories like this? I also saw some things I haven't seen yet, like Late Hits and QB sliding behind the scrimmage line instead of taking a sack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Longest FG by Computer to win the Game

You want frustrating?

How about when the CPU kicks a FG and it bounces off the upright BUT they give them the 3 points...I could not believe it...luckily it was mid-game and I still won but I was like "whhhhaaaatt???"
Old 02-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

That is messed up. At least you still won the game.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Yeah...too bad I can't say the same for you hahaha

I know how to consistently block FG's actually...I remember I was in my Franchise against the Chargers and they were at the goalline ready to kick the game winning chip shot for the win in OT...

I blocked it and my safety picked it up and ran the length of the field the other way to win...I was FLIPPING OUT hahaha
Old 02-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

The Kicking in Madden is far to easy for years now. Every year I hope the Devs change it but then again it's too easy. The easy kicking blows whole games at times ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just played a game were I hit a 57 and 59 yard field goal with ease, the kicking game needs to be harder. Right now its probably the easiest I have ever seen in a football game.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #7
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper
You want frustrating?

How about when the CPU kicks a FG and it bounces off the upright BUT they give them the 3 points...I could not believe it...luckily it was mid-game and I still won but I was like "whhhhaaaatt???"
Are you sure the ball didn't bounce off the side of the upright and go through? That happens occasionally. If it bounced off the front of the upright and landed in the endzone and was awarded the 3 points then that's a problem.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:37 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke2
Are you sure the ball didn't bounce off the side of the upright and go through? That happens occasionally. If it bounced off the front of the upright and landed in the endzone and was awarded the 3 points then that's a problem.
Trust me...I replayed it and it hit the upright and fell to the back of the endzone...it didn't bounce inside at all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »