Home

Idea to Make Kicking More Rewarding in Madden 11

This is a discussion on Idea to Make Kicking More Rewarding in Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Idea to Make Kicking More Rewarding in Madden 11

For long range, keep them same interface, but have a line on the meter where the kicker gets his full accuracy. If you kick past that line, the kicker will lose significant accuracy. (the "sensitivity" of the line of the kick becomes greater), however for the non-big leg kickers, they probably won't get it there unless you exceed the line. So that makes KPW important.

For KAC, the first thing I'd do is remove the arrow movement. You have to direct the kick by using the right stick on the "upswing" (when you push up on the R-Stick in the current interface). The lower the KAC the more sensitive the stick is to being moved.

On top of that, the higher the KAC and AWR of the kicker, the more closer to the center the kick will start lined up. So a high KAC guy will make it easier by having less sensitivity on the R-Stick and being already near the center of the uprights. This also makes kicker AWR more important (what does it do now?)

I think these things would help make FGs not be automatic without relying totally on the AI (which isn't a bad idea either as long as the ratings would produce realistic results...which is...debatable, imo. I mean if KAC doesn't matter, why would it matter for the AI kicker? The problem seems to go beyond just the user kicking it. It's not like the AI misses very many FGs unless you take down FG Accuracy slider...) or making FGs become a coin flip, because in real life they are relatively reliable, until you get around 50 yd or beyond, THEN they are closer to a coin flip:

Real life FG% last season:
Under 30: 97%
30-39: 84%
40-49: 73%
50+: 53%

For punts, again, remove the arrow, except for trajectory. Directional kicking would be done via the R-Stick and the same line for power where beyond it, the punter loses significant accuracy.

Also, if you wanted, you could make the L-stick be trajectory, but you'd have to set it only after you snap the ball, so you'd have to set it during the kick instead of doing it all pre-snap.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Idea to Make Kicking More Rewarding in Madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
For long range, keep them same interface, but have a line on the meter where the kicker gets his full accuracy. If you kick past that line, the kicker will lose significant accuracy. (the "sensitivity" of the line of the kick becomes greater), however for the non-big leg kickers, they probably won't get it there unless you exceed the line. So that makes KPW important.

For KAC, the first thing I'd do is remove the arrow movement. You have to direct the kick by using the right stick on the "upswing" (when you push up on the R-Stick in the current interface). The lower the KAC the more sensitive the stick is to being moved.

On top of that, the higher the KAC and AWR of the kicker, the more closer to the center the kick will start lined up. So a high KAC guy will make it easier by having less sensitivity on the R-Stick and being already near the center of the uprights. This also makes kicker AWR more important (what does it do now?)

I think these things would help make FGs not be automatic without relying totally on the AI (which isn't a bad idea either as long as the ratings would produce realistic results...which is...debatable, imo. I mean if KAC doesn't matter, why would it matter for the AI kicker? The problem seems to go beyond just the user kicking it. It's not like the AI misses very many FGs unless you take down FG Accuracy slider...) or making FGs become a coin flip, because in real life they are relatively reliable, until you get around 50 yd or beyond, THEN they are closer to a coin flip:

Real life FG% last season:
Under 30: 97%
30-39: 84%
40-49: 73%
50+: 53%

For punts, again, remove the arrow, except for trajectory. Directional kicking would be done via the R-Stick and the same line for power where beyond it, the punter loses significant accuracy.

Also, if you wanted, you could make the L-stick be trajectory, but you'd have to set it only after you snap the ball, so you'd have to set it during the kick instead of doing it all pre-snap.
This is yet another very solid option. Nice work!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »