Home

"Franchise Tag"

This is a discussion on "Franchise Tag" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #9
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: "Franchise Tag"

They're also used if the team and the player can't come to together for a contract. If a player is given the tag then he automatically plays with that team the next year (if the team keeps him). This is why a lot of players leave after they are tagged.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:43 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

basically it is useless most of the time in madden because you can resign most of your players to long term deals and there is really no worry about declining play. Until those things are fixed it is worthless.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
basically it is useless most of the time in madden because you can resign most of your players to long term deals and there is really no worry about declining play. Until those things are fixed it is worthless.
Yeah pretty much, the only thing its good for is to use on a player whose contract is up that you're planning on trading, that way you can trade him without any penalty.

The way contracts are done in the game should be changed, in the NFL it takes a long time to do a new contract, its not something that's instant. Basically the player should start with a high amount then you counter with a low amount, each offer takes a day or so to complete (in game time), so it could take weeks to find an offer both sides agree on. You could also give in to a player and sign him for a higher amount, but doing that too much would mean your team would be way overpaying players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #12
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Well I forget who it was,but I tagged a player and after playoffs of the next season he took a contract I offered that was alot lower than what he originally wanted.So it works for me.

In my current franchise I just tagged Deangelo Williams .I went 4 and 12 the next season.I knew he didnt want to play for me anymore after that season so I tagged him again.During the draft I traded him for the second overall pick so I could draft the number 1 DB.

Works for me
Old 02-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

When trading a player it works pretty well. Other than that I really just never get into bad enough cap trouble that I can't just sign long term deals for the players I want. I used the tag some in HC09 but never in madden.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #14
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

You know what I want to see UFA players refuses to sign with a team or a text saying they want to test the free agency like the situation we witness last years when Panthers refused to just let Peppers walk away when he didn't want to sign.

I mean the tag is there but as of right now it's just there for show like "hey they franchise tag is in the game" but it doesn't work at all or teams never even think of using it.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 36

That should be in moderation...Two years ago Anquan Boldin swore he never would wear a Cardinal uniform again, and Brett Favre retired.

...Yeah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #16
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
That should be in moderation...Two years ago Anquan Boldin swore he never would wear a Cardinal uniform again, and Brett Favre retired.

...Yeah.
Anquan could have swore to everything on earth he would never wear a Cardinal jersey but he was under contract so he had no leverage as to where he plays. he had about three choices, holdout and get fines every week for not playing, retire, or play football for the Cardinals. we all know what choice was made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »