Home

MADDEN in REAL-TIME

This is a discussion on MADDEN in REAL-TIME within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
MADDEN in REAL-TIME

Do you believe that MAdden 11 can emmulate MLB 10 The Show graphics, player models, real-time gameplay, and real-time presentation. Mark Turmell did say "Real-Time" responsive control is upon us. Judging by NCAA 11 Screenshot i think EA mite be forreal
MLB 10 the show- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBIYHz9yKo4

http://www.easports.com/news/item/fi...TS_MarkTurmell
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Double C's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MADDEN in REAL-TIME

For sure I'd love to see the show's graphics/presentations/animations in Madden. Who wouldn't?
Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

If you don't know, Madden already has real-time elements. There are cutscenes as well, but plenty of real time exists. The problem is that there isn't (til this point at least) much emphasis placed on that area.

I feel as though that's why we get often rushed pre-and-post play sequences. It's been improved within the last year, but it's still not all that realistic looking.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

yeah, it definantly seems rushed because alot of the cutscenes are just dumb. It always gets me when they cut the camera to the sideline while you're on defense and they'll show your starting defense on the sideline with your coach. or they'll show a player coming off the field who wasnt on the field to begin with...
Old 03-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
yeah, it definantly seems rushed because alot of the cutscenes are just dumb. It always gets me when they cut the camera to the sideline while you're on defense and they'll show your starting defense on the sideline with your coach. or they'll show a player coming off the field who wasnt on the field to begin with...
You know it's funny, those canned cutscenes....

Didn't Ian tell us how much he hated them and wanted them gone during the Madden 08 marketing train ride?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
POLISH!

The presentation still has a WAYS to go, but polish is what's missing from M10. I talked about this in another thread, but some of what we see is just head-scratching.

Example: when you record a sack, a banner pops up saying "2 sacks today. 1 sack on the year". Translation: 2 sacks today, only had 1 going into the game. Why doesn't the banner simply say 3 total sacks this year? Who coded it to calculate that way?

I'm not a presentation guru by any means, but c'mon son.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
POLISH!

The presentation still has a WAYS to go, but polish is what's missing from M10. I talked about this in another thread, but some of what we see is just head-scratching.

Example: when you record a sack, a banner pops up saying "2 sacks today. 1 sack on the year". Translation: 2 sacks today, only had 1 going into the game. Why doesn't the banner simply say 3 total sacks this year? Who coded it to calculate that way?

I agree, little stuff like that shows they just dont care. If you're not gonna have it right, then dont do it at all. I also hate how when they have certain cutscenes are already know what going to happen. For example, the cut scenes for the chain gain, or to see if it was a catch or to see if it was a touchdown all one 2 cutscenes each: one to say it was good, or one to say it was bad. so before you even hear the call, you know what its going to be just because you know the cutscene, which is dumb.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
POLISH!

Exactly! I have been screaming ATTENTION TO DETAILS at the top of my lungs for some time now. How some of these glaring issues get through quality control and the all more important 'Does this make sense check?' is beyond me. Very frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »