Home

Mark Turmell makes a huge claim.

This is a discussion on Mark Turmell makes a huge claim. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Mark Turmell makes a huge claim.

I'm holding out only a tiny slither of hope that this is true. Who knows? Maybe EA brought in Mark because he has the programming knowledge to make this a reality? He could possess some kind of knowledge on how it happens and how to stop it. We'll see.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #18
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

The first thing I thought of was the marketing for Madden 08, and that's not a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Not believing anything anymore till I actually see it in the final product, and not in a developer diary, CES, community day, or whatever.......

I'm not going to get hyped up for general remarks about animation, but I will get enthused about specific info. (Like NCAA 11's recent list of improvements.)
Old 03-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #19
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
The first thing I thought of was the marketing for Madden 08, and that's not a good thing.

I'm not going to get hyped up for general remarks about animation, but I will get enthused about specific info. (Like NCAA 11's recent list of improvements.)
Yep, all I remembered was David Ortiz saying one of his most famous words for Madden 08, "responsiveness". After taking a closer look, these words stuck out the most to me from Turmell's quote:
"A new era of real-time responsive control is upon us. Players have never had as much control as they're about to have." That is the bold claim in my opinion. This could possibly indicate better physics/momentum or at least something new that separates it from the usual rehashed words that most of us are used to hearing every year. I'm sure something is bound to happen in that area considering the fact that Ian said this is the year that Simon Sherr is supposed to implement new locomotion. This is just my opinion, so to each his own.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9

I agree with your opinion. That was exactly my point. This guy made a very significant claim and that can't be ignored. Where did you hear the locomotion change business from? I'd like to read more about this.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #21
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I'm sure something is bound to happen in that area considering the fact that Ian said this is the year that Simon Sherr is supposed to implement new locomotion. This is just my opinion, so to each his own.
LOL, maybe I'm getting old, but who in the hell is Simon Sherr?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclentzthadon
LOL, maybe I'm getting old, but who in the hell is Simon Sherr?
Animation person that if memory serves me correctly did animations for NBA Street.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #23
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goethe88
I agree with your opinion. That was exactly my point. This guy made a very significant claim and that can't be ignored. Where did you hear the locomotion change business from? I'd like to read more about this.
I'm pretty sure that Ian said that Simon Sherr wanted to work on new locomotion for Madden 10, but it was pushed back because of Pro-Tak. It's hard to dig up this information considering how long ago it was since it was posted, so maybe someone else could verify this.

BTW, Simon Sherr is the animations director for Madden. He used to post here, but it is rumored that he was run off by personal attacks from forum members.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 03-02-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #24
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I'm pretty sure that Ian said that Simon Sherr wanted to work on new locomotion for Madden 10, but it was pushed back because of Pro-Tak. It's hard to dig up this information considering how long ago it was since it was posted, so maybe someone else could verify this.

BTW, Simon Sherr is the animations director for Madden. He used to post here, but it is rumored that he was run off by personal attacks from forum members.
Yep, you're right on MattIntellect, though it was pushed back due to complexity. Basically it required every animation to be redone, which was a lot of work. They needed to do that anyhow, to get the football the right size (remember it's still too big). So they were going to do both at the same time. It as in the running animations thread where I highlighted the angle of the HB's leg when running. I put together that APF2K8 / Madden running animations comparison video for it. Got a better running animation in Madden, at least for the ball carrier (I like it better than last year's anyhow).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »