Home

Whats the big deal about "Route Based Passing"?

This is a discussion on Whats the big deal about "Route Based Passing"? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Whats the big deal about "Route Based Passing"?

I wish EA would hire LBzrule. I wonder if he'd be like a lot of these guys they seem to hire though from the community...once he's hired he just seemingly forgets all of that stuff he just posted above.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 55

Lbz we've talked about this stuff. It's about time you get it public . You just gave EA the tools and video evidence. Hopefully they make good use of it.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

CreatineKasey - They won't, that would cut into the new "build-a-cheerleader and cheer first person from the sideline" mode they are hard at work on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
Great post once again LBzrule!! Now you have me curious as to what more you had to say! You mentioned you provided feedback at community day on the DE's/OLB's getting more depth! Can you tell us the reasoning as to why it may not have made it into the game.
Time Frame I think. Hopefully, they will have it this go around. I was just thinking about everything that plays into the deep ball and also how to not make it work every play. There is a lot involved to balance things out.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 6

LOL..... But I really hope that the correct releases and techniques make M11. How do we reall get Ian's attention with this stuff, its not like were asking for more towels or hand warmers, This is legit stuff that would help the game.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I wish EA would hire LBzrule. I wonder if he'd be like a lot of these guys they seem to hire though from the community...once he's hired he just seemingly forgets all of that stuff he just posted above.
nope, not when it affects how I want to play. Or better said, not when it frustrates me as I play. You also have to factor in to EA just like in any business like that, who's voice gets heard, who's gets silenced ect.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Time Frame I think. Hopefully, they will have it this go around. I was just thinking about everything that plays into the deep ball and also how to not make it work every play. There is a lot involved to balance things out.

I see and really hope their able to get this in. Fatigue, pass rush, db route recognition, talent, etc...So many things go into the completion of the deep ball. I played WR so I know how difficult or easy it can be to complete a deep ball. I think the biggest way to combat the user from abusing the deep ball is fatigue. After two deep balls back to back your WR should receive a dramatic decrease in speed or be substituted. I can't begin to tell you how much energy you expel running back to back deep routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 10

Dayum...
LBzrule that may have been the single greatest post I have ever read. I'm sitting here with goosebumps thinking about Madden 11 incorporating the things in that post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »