Home

Madden NFL 11: Madden is Watching (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11: Madden is Watching (ESPN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #41
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 11: Madden is Watching (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Bjones84 - who cares about online play? I DO and so do a lot of other folks. In the vein of what CreatineKasey said, fixing online play will fix a lot of offline stuff. Why? Because human players are the ones who find exploits and things working incorrectly in the game. Fixing those is going to make offline play much better. So for people like yourself who are freaking out about it, look at this direction as a positive thing, even if you never go online ever, because that's what it is.
No, no it's not a positive thing, at least for me and everyone else who will never play online and who prefers the depth and challenge of off-line franchise mode. These developers do not have an infinite amount of time and resources, so for every day or gig of disc space they spend for the sake of online, that's one less for offline franchise mode. Sure, somethings are interconnected, but not all of them. It especially becomes problematic when the game in it's entirety is tailor made for the online experience (ie, dumbing down the playbook because some losers apparently only use 13 plays), a development which clearly effects the offline experience in a negative way.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #42
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

I sware, people on this site are moodier than my mom when she's off her meds.

I think that the numbers from the presentation could lead to a feature we've been asking for since the transition to next-gen.

Common Madden playbook = 330 plays
Avg. # of plays utillized = 13

So, using those numbers, let's say there are 13 plays in every playbook that a user would find effective. Then, it would be logical to let the user to select JUST those 13 plays from each playbook to, essentially, create their own.

In other words: custom user-created playbooks.

See? These numbers aren't a sign of an arcade abyss; they ARE improving the game. Those Brett Farve interception numbers could be a sign of a user's tendency to gunsling, and a new passing mechanic could be created to make the user more aware of ball security.

Geez, don't be so quick to complain and groan...
Old 03-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Sorry, I disagree that improving online won't help offline users. Improving a game based on human intelligence tendency vs. trying to adapt the obviously dumbed down AI is always going to benefit the game tremendously when one goes back to playing offline. Instead of trying to make the AI more smart, they should be making it more human like. That's the essence of what offline users want (IMO) - a game that plays more human-like.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Sorry, I disagree that improving online won't help offline users. Improving a game based on human intelligence tendency vs. trying to adapt the obviously dumbed down AI is always going to benefit the game tremendously when one goes back to playing offline. Instead of trying to make the AI more smart, they should be making it more human like. That's the essence of what offline users want (IMO) - a game that plays more human-like.
I understand what you're trying to say. My only counter-point to that would be, human-like in what way? As in those humans who play arcadish, Madden Nation ball online? If those types of ballers are the ones that they'd presumably model human-like behavior after, I'll pass. Not trying to be sarcastic, I think you get what I mean.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #45
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Honestly, he shouldn't have to clean up anything here.

People on this forum just seem to overreact and manipulate every little detail that is released about Madden so it fits into their opinion of the series (usually, a negative opinion).
That's because the publisher/customer trust has been destroyed this generation by the publisher. Trust is earned and lost through actions, hence the responsiveness to perceived actions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #46
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I think some of you are freaking out a little bit. I don't see them dumbing down playbooks or all that nonsense. What I see them doing is:

Custom Playbooks so players can compile the plays they prefer and get to them faster.

In-game saves.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #47
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
That's because the publisher/customer trust has been destroyed this generation by the publisher. Trust is earned and lost through actions, hence the responsiveness to perceived actions.

Very True.I have always been a Madden guy.2k who.Yeah I compare these new madden games to PS2 maddens.Just a lil history from me.But since I have bought my PS3(launch) Every time I see a game that is made by EA,I always double think about it.I refuse to buy Battlefield BC2.Simply because I read two different reviews from the same reviewer.One for Online and one for Offline.Online got a 9+ I think while offline was crap.More proof thats the way games are going in my opinion.But thats not the only reason I second guess myself about EA games.I loved all EA games on PS2.March Madness,Live,College Football,Madden.If I was to see a commercial on a game and see the EA logo at the end I was like YEAH that games going to be good.Now If I enjoy a new game commercial but then see EA at the end,,,Im like mmm maybe.

None of this is disrespect to Ian and co though.Madden 10 is bar far a LEAP away from Madden 09.Im an offline gamer and I want a Franchise mode that will keep the REPLAY value UP! I love football and would love to be able to have a Madden game once again to keep me wanting to play the game throughout the NFL season and offseason.The only way I know of that would keep me interested is a GREAT Franchise Mode.Thats all.

I was talking to a guy the other day about a certain title coming out.Some of you may have heard of it..God of War III.Anyways I was saying yeah Im going to Gamestop Monday night to get mine.He was like what time do you think you'll be home......
And then I actually became a little depressed.......Thats when I started thinking of the last time I stayed up late to get a game at midnight release.It was the last Madden I bought on PS2.I so badly want to have that feeling again with Madden.You would think I would now, being on a PS3/360 console.And that alone is sad.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Aren't the gameplay complaints the same for offline and online users?

- Flats defense
- Blocking schemes- OL/DL interactions - pocket forming issues.
- Pass ball trajectory - deep ball ineffectiveness - WR's not elevating for the football - can't throw a deep ball and have your player "run under" it.
- Locomotion - unrealistic transitions and movements (especially on defense) - backpedaling without a loss in speed.
- Hitstick risk/reward issues
- Pro-tak multiple broken tackle smoothness.

Now, let's say they go in and work on these things. Who wins? online or offline?

BOTH!

Offline guys are missing the point here gameplay-wise. I understand their anger about offline franchise, but gameplay complaints insinuating that it's catering to casual online players is BS.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »