Home

Idea to Replace Slide Prodection: Identify the Blitzer

This is a discussion on Idea to Replace Slide Prodection: Identify the Blitzer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Idea to Replace Slide Prodection: Identify the Blitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
LOVIN this idea more and more i think about it.....

But, maybe it just makes TOO much sense.....I mean such a simple simple IDEA that any FOOTBALL fan could have come up with. I mean you see it ALL THE TIME on sundays...I do as do others for sure.

TC did, and he isnt a developer...Ingenious...IN-genious. How this idea was not already thought of and implenented is amazing.

Sometimes I think companies stick with what's worked in the past. They have the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude. Given that the majority of us have no experience in game design, we'd provide some very fresh perspective.

I think the best thing we can do is come up with ideas and then try to break them (try to imagine where things would go wrong). From there, we adjust and come up in the end with a more robust idea.

For example, a problem I see with this idea I made is if I highlight 2 blitzers and it automatically keeps a high priority pass route on the play (like the FB on a PA flats play). Maybe that'd bother people. On the other hand, the extra time could allow for slower developing routes to be hit. Also, if a user didn't want to keep the FB in, they could just highlight 1 blitzer and hope the other doesn't get in free or gets fooled by the playaction.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I like this idea - I just hope that they would slow down how fast the AI snaps the ball.

Maybe I want to show blitz and make the QB identify guys, then back off. Or vice versa.

Oh and keep slide protection but maybe rename it. Like Slide Blocking or something - so that it makes sense in the run game.

If the AI snapped right after identifying, the strategy on the defensive side to counter the offense drops.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I like this idea - I just hope that they would slow down how fast the AI snaps the ball.

Maybe I want to show blitz and make the QB identify guys, then back off. Or vice versa.

Oh and keep slide protection but maybe rename it. Like Slide Blocking or something - so that it makes sense in the run game.

If the AI snapped right after identifying, the strategy on the defensive side to counter the offense drops.
That's a good point. It'd paramount to have a "bluff" feature too where you point but don't really do anything. If the CPU "identified a blitzer" they should have to take a few seconds to communicate that information to the OL.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #44
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I like this idea too and I was just about to mention a bluff feature. But if it takes a few seconds to communicate the info, what if the play clock is running down and you only have time to call out the blitzers?

I was thinking perhaps a neutral animation with the QB pointing to maybe a couple different guys or barking an audible. Or maybe your O-Line audibling.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 03-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

bump
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

i dont want these thread to die. can you guys makes these thread a stickty.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

I would also like to see this feature. For example, did you watch the AFC championship game? Manning knew exactly which guy was blitzing and had his O line pick them up every time (in the second half once he figured it out). QB's like Manning should have an easier time doing this as well in madden.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #48
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
There's no slide protection on run plays in football, only maddenball. Run plays have their own blocking techniques. O-linemen block areas... head up to playside, head up to backside, influence then 2nd level, double team head up to playside, pull, trap, ect

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »