Home

Idea to Replace Slide Prodection: Identify the Blitzer

This is a discussion on Idea to Replace Slide Prodection: Identify the Blitzer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Idea to Replace Slide Prodection: Identify the Blitzer

bump so ian could see these. i hate seeing my qb get sack in sec
Old 04-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #58
Rookie

trendsetter09's Arena

OVR: 4

bump.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

Great Idea! One of the best ideas i have heard in a longtime because it is related to gameplay and could really add another dimension to the game.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #60
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

maybe I'll be able to get my Lineman to identify http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMyOwnkldyE

The LB keeps coming and is not getting picked up

(Theres plenty more of videos like that, same concept of the DLine being pinched, and re-blitzed, maybe a safety blitzing, or the OLB...in a Nutshell, if you play online, you no what I'm talking about, and its BS...and if you don't no what im talking about, play like 10 games, it'll happen about 5 times the ENTIRE GAME.

Bump this post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #61
Mr. N*c*

WhiskeyD0G's Arena

OVR: 4

This is slightly off topic, but I thought that QB's and their nuances would be implemented into last years game. As for the topic in discussion, this would be the result of the quarterbacks pre-snap movements. It would look silly for Peyton Manning making pre-snap calls that result in nothing other than an audible. Remember..."If it's in the game, it's in the game."-EASPORTS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #62
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Great idea....bumpybumpbump.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I love the idea and I'd also like to see more user control over guys faking blitzes instead of the one look that it gives you the option of using, or the other random times you will show blitz without actually selecting to show blitz. One way would be for them to allow us to select a bluff from the playcall screen. For instance, you could select to show a blitz from your mike and will LBs, but the actual defense that you selct to run could be a sam blitz. Also have o-linemens's awareness tied into blitz pickup, so that if you call out the wrong blitzer but your blockers have high awareness it isn't always a jailbreak on the line
Old 04-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I love the idea and I'd also like to see more user control over guys faking blitzes instead of the one look that it gives you the option of using, or the other random times you will show blitz without actually selecting to show blitz. One way would be for them to allow us to select a bluff from the playcall screen. For instance, you could select to show a blitz from your mike and will LBs, but the actual defense that you selct to run could be a sam blitz. Also have o-linemens's awareness tied into blitz pickup, so that if you call out the wrong blitzer but your blockers have high awareness it isn't always a jailbreak on the line
I agree with this 100%. I think having each separate play have it's own "show blitz" look would be just awesome. Basically when show blitz is called, players should creep to the actual gap they are responsible for blitzing in.

Great post.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »