Home

Old 03-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7
I hear...

alot of you guys saying you want the ability to learn plays and expand your playbook to be included. I just want to say that it should be player based in my opinion. If I have a player that has learned a certain play, I shouldn't have to reteach him this play ever so often, ala, Head Coach. That would make a big difference in picking up players. It would make it tough to choose between age and knowledge.
( Should I trade this 3rd round pick and get a player who has knowledge of certain systems and plays, or should I gamble on a rookie and hope he pans out. )
If the rookie has a high AWR he will learn plays after 1 or 2 repetitions. Average and bad AWR will take longer. Maybe 3-4 or 5-6 plays.
This is what teams weigh when thinking do I draft Eric Berry and spend major dough while he develops into hopefully a superstar. Or do I spend less and pick up a good player who has fewer years left who already knows how to do what I will ask.

Already the guys at EA already implement this in a physical manner. This would help it be mental as well. It would be great. Wouldn't it piss you off to try to develop your physical beast of a 1st round pick only to learn, 2 - 3 years later that the kid learns too damn slow. Some teams part with these players. Some teams refuse to take that loss and fire position coaches or even head coaches. This would bring that element of decision making to Madden.

Madden 15 the way were going.
(you know i had to take a stab atcha!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: I hear...

Man, you need to clean that up. It's difficult to read. However, what you're asking for was in HC 09 if I'm not mistaken. A lot of us want what was in HC 09 to be included in Madden. It was a better overall system and its possible considering Looman is a part of the team and HC 09 was released from the same company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
... hey, don't you guys miss juking with L & R. You could create your own jukes. I would L,R,L,R, truck stick. Sometimes L,R,L, spin. Headed towards the sideline I would killem' with R, ,R,back step. Nowadays you never know what you'll get with highlight stick. I used to be in control. Now the computer is in charge.
I miss this. This is from your other thread. You could be a lot more creative with your moves. I wish EA did not change it myself.

Last edited by reo; 03-13-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Def. a feature alot of ppl wanted last year, maybe they do add it this year because that does make a franchise mode alot deeper instantly
Old 03-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

going on this same idea defensive players should have no idea what is going on if they are subbed in on offense and vice versa. i am sick of seeing champ bailey lined up out wide with brandon marshall in the slot. speed cannot be that important any more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »