Home

The truth about the Madden series

This is a discussion on The truth about the Madden series within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #9
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: The truth about the Madden series

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
Ok where do I start...

If you can honestly say M10 wasn't the best madden on this Gen then I don't know what to tell you

This is like saying that you have improved the smell of your dogs poop and then advertising it as the best smelling dog poop ever. Guess what, buddy, it's still just a pile of poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 03-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: The truth about the Madden series

Madden is steadily improving for this generation of consoles. I'm very optomistic that m11 will be better than m10, which was waaay better than 09. The current dev team shares the same direction that I see for the Madden franchise.

If you feel the need to post another thread saying you won't give m11 a chance, well so be it. That's likely your loss for being impatient at this point.

If you only played 20 games of madden, then you probably didn't find a nice slider set to fit your style. Many would argue that changing a bunch of sliders shouldn't be necessary, but with so many people playing the game differently, I'd disagree.

Take advantage of all the various slider settings that they've given us the option for this year. I can get a realistc game of football with a few key changes that aren't that difficult to implement. In fact, in the time it took you to post your rant, you could've searched the sliders sub-forum and begun the process towards true madden enjoyment.

Oh well, peace out!

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 03-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #11
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
This is like saying that you have improved the smell of your dogs poop and then advertising it as the best smelling dog poop ever. Guess what, buddy, it's still just a pile of poop.
Umm yea if the game was SERIOUSLY comparable to dog poop, But to run with your rhetoric it would be more like them saying "it's not as much poop as your use to" and in that since they would be correct.

Like I said I'm not defending them because I traded the game in also really early but I just don't understand people cursing M11 when it was obvious M10 was going in the right direction, which hasn't been the case before
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #12
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Ok where do I start...

If you can honestly say M10 wasn't the best madden on this Gen then I don't know what to tell you, Considering IMO it was the best madden this gen and it came from the "new" development team I think they deserve atleast another year or 2 to not only fine tune the features they put in but build features that probably took more than 1 development cycle to implement.

Now I traded in M10 also, but I saw a dedication to make a sim game, I saw a direction and I do believe they deserve this year ATLEAST to show they are still headed in the right path, Incase it's not know...Developing is very hard to do and I know they get paid to do it because they're good at it but sometimes it takes longer to do things you want to do CORRECTLY, Especially if you have to build on previously written code that was flawed (since I highly doubt they'd start from scratch).

Again im not defending anyone, But lets see what happens this year.
Definitely the best Madden this gen. Was there really a 'new development team'. I haven't read this before. I thought it was the same team, just with a new lead.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Umm yea if the game was SERIOUSLY comparable to dog poop, But to run with your rhetoric it would be more like them saying "it's not as much poop as your use to" and in that since they would be correct.

Like I said I'm not defending them because I traded the game in also really early but I just don't understand people cursing M11 when it was obvious M10 was going in the right direction, which hasn't been the case before
It's not that obvious to some people. Madden 06 on nex-gen was possibly the worst football game ever made. Madden 07 was much better(still unplayable), Madden 08 even better (still god awful), Madden 09 was better still (actually playable but very boring).

Now enter Madden 10. The game is again much better. Still a 7.5 at best. The "new and improved commentary" was so bad I had to turn it off 2 weeks in. The other presentation elements they added are very repetitive and have stretched the game length out more than they like so I'm not sure how they are gonna improve that just yet. The directional passing, adaptive ai and procedural addiitions have little to no effect. The blocking and pursuit angles were embarrasingly bad. Also the pro-tak is insanely glitchy and irritating imo. Not knocking Ian personally but how were the improvements in 10 that "amazing" and not just something we should be expecting from the next game in the series?

From what I have seen from this sereis Madden 11 will most likely fall right in line with the rest of this series- improved over 10 but sorely missing key elements.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

I agree with many of the posts in this thread including the OP. I have been a Madden fan since 92' and grew up with the series. Madden 10 was the first game of this new generation that I actually did feel there was legitimate effort.

However, the gameplay, presentation, and franchise mode still have a LONG way to go before we can even compare it to Madden on PS2. I am hoping that last year they spent a ton of time cleaning up old code and this year we can finally see a game that next-gen worthy.

Here is to hoping guys!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

6. atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere! The crowd should just erupt when I score a late game-winning TD or I get an important 3rd down stop. This also goes for any playoff games I play in, the crowd should be quite a bit louder in a playoff game than a regular season game. The playoffs still don't feel like the playoffs yet. Monday night and Sunday night games should not feel the same as 1:00 pm games

^^^ This is something I was very dissapointed in Madden 10. The crowd and overall atmosphere HAS to be better. Ian said they have a new sound guy now so I am really hoping to see a complete overhaul in the sound department this year.

As of now, the crowd just has a constant cheer that remains the same through the majority of the game with the occasional swell.(That sometimes does not even happen at the right time) The crowd should react realistically to every scenario that happens on the field. This absolutely has to be in to get any sense of excitement and realism out of this game.

Almost all other sports games have gotten to this by now, including EA's own NHL and NBA series. The best thing about the NFL is how crazy the crowd and fans are on EVERY Sunday. It is time to get this in...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #16
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

OVR: 13

Lame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »