Home

Resigning players

This is a discussion on Resigning players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Resigning players

I just don't like what people have already touched on, Players in good situations wanting to leave and bad and old players wanting the franchise player type contracts ...

Yesterday I was through the first year of my dynasty and wanted a player so bad I drafted him 1st round when projected to go in the 3rd ... Instead of signing a late 1st round contract he wants a lottery type contract ...

Like FORREAL!!!! You were projected 3rd round, you better take this good contract, you'd be around a couple mil less if you would have went where projected
Old 03-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo2k2ndc
I just don't like what people have already touched on, Players in good situations wanting to leave and bad and old players wanting the franchise player type contracts ...

Yesterday I was through the first year of my dynasty and wanted a player so bad I drafted him 1st round when projected to go in the 3rd ... Instead of signing a late 1st round contract he wants a lottery type contract ...

Like FORREAL!!!! You were projected 3rd round, you better take this good contract, you'd be around a couple mil less if you would have went where projected
LOL tell me about it. I drafted Suh with the first overall pick and he refused to sign with me. I had to keep throwing lots and lots of money at him....I think I pay him well over 10 mill a season.....
Old 03-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #11
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

So you do NOT resign any of your players,you let them go to free agency to make it a challenge? If so...sounds interesting.I might have to pop Madden in when I get done with FFXIII and try this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
So you do NOT resign any of your players,you let them go to free agency to make it a challenge? If so...sounds interesting.I might have to pop Madden in when I get done with FFXIII and try this.
Yeah.. I will not take credit for it. Some dude did it a couple of versions back.
My franchise house rules are:
1. You must release all players with expiring contracts.
2. You may use the franchise tag on one of those players.
3. You are not allowed to resign any player other than during the fa period and in competition with the other 31 teams.
4. Draftday trades must follow a draft value chart(i just use whatever google gives me).
5. You may only give an offer to 1 free agent each day of the fa period (here is where it gets difficult if one of your guys refuses to sign with you).
6. You must use the playbook associated with the OC or head coach.
7. I use the gameplay rules set by Valderez in his slider set (i use a tweaked set based on his slidsers).
8. Playcalling has to be "Ask Madden" you are allowed to choose from the 6 plays he gives you. You may elect to punt instead of a fg try.

Giving my fa hardship I "cheat" bit. I will try to do the fa period but if a key player refuses to sign I may load the game again and use the franchise tag on that player.

I think it gives a realistic offseason but I really miss the restricted fa period which was in last gen. That would be amazin and I think they should add the second fa period after the draft as well...
Old 03-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer
Yeah.. I will not take credit for it. Some dude did it a couple of versions back.
My franchise house rules are:
1. You must release all players with expiring contracts.
2. You may use the franchise tag on one of those players.
3. You are not allowed to resign any player other than during the fa period and in competition with the other 31 teams.
4. Draftday trades must follow a draft value chart(i just use whatever google gives me).
5. You may only give an offer to 1 free agent each day of the fa period (here is where it gets difficult if one of your guys refuses to sign with you).
6. You must use the playbook associated with the OC or head coach.
7. I use the gameplay rules set by Valderez in his slider set (i use a tweaked set based on his slidsers).
8. Playcalling has to be "Ask Madden" you are allowed to choose from the 6 plays he gives you. You may elect to punt instead of a fg try.

Giving my fa hardship I "cheat" bit. I will try to do the fa period but if a key player refuses to sign I may load the game again and use the franchise tag on that player.

I think it gives a realistic offseason but I really miss the restricted fa period which was in last gen. That would be amazin and I think they should add the second fa period after the draft as well...
WOW!!!!!! I forgot all about that ... Madden team has taken alot of good features out from last gen, I just found something else I dislike about Madden ... LoL

A guy I wanted went undrafted, but I never got a chance to go after him, When I looked after the draft he was no where to be found ... It's not like a cheap move or nothing either .. He was a Punter
Old 03-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #14
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Ok sounds good.But what about players with a contract?Can I give them an extended contract?
Old 03-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Ok sounds good.But what about players with a contract?Can I give them an extended contract?
no everbody has to be resigned during the fa period of the offseason(right before the draft)...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 04:45 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer
LOL tell me about it. I drafted Suh with the first overall pick and he refused to sign with me. I had to keep throwing lots and lots of money at him....I think I pay him well over 10 mill a season.....
He must think you're a chump

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »